Saturday, June 21, 2008

As always, Kathy Griffin was the epitome of hystericality.. That might not be a word, but if it's not, I just made it up to explain how f'n funny the show was! She came on just after 8 pm and ended the show right before 10. Two solid hours of stand up, in which she crucified the Lohan, E! Reality television, Ryan Seacrest and the Spears family, not to mention countless others. There were entertaining stories about her mom, yet not a peep about Clay Aiken! I was shocked. I think I had more fun laughing at my sister laughing. I know she didn't expect it to be as funny as it was (although I can't imagine how) and everyone that went had a good time. Speaking of people that went, do I have a story for you:

Tuesday night, one of the people that was supposed to go (we'll keep it anonymous, but I have a hunch you'll be able to figure out who it was) asked Tre on Tuesday if we thought we'd be able to find someone to take his/her ticket for free. Tre was like "um.. no!" and come to find out this person wanted to golfing instead. So, Tre offered to go the next day. Everyone wins, right? So we thought.. Anyway, Friday night comes around, Tre and I are pretty excited about going to the show and person who shall remain nameless walks into our house in an obvious bad mood: Barely said hi to Tre and when I asked if he/she was excited about the show, he/she shrugged their shoulders. So I said "well, if you're not going to have a good time, don't go!" This person said "fine, I won't" and left the house... drove away! Tre's mouth was WIDE open... She was like "what the f just happened?, as was I! Anyway, I'm the first one to admit that I have a tendency to be a bitch and maybe too truthful about things, but the way I said it wasn't the slightest bit like that. I was really excited about going and I was really shocked that this person really could have cared less about going. I mean, Tre usually takes everyone's side but mine and she totally didn't, so I'm 100% sure I did nothing wrong and I have no intentions of apologizing for it! Anyway, we left the house and said person didn't go. Hey, he/she already paid for their ticket. If they have $55 to waste, good for them! I don't! We tried to get other people to go, but it was three hours before the show so it was a little difficult and we were unsuccessful. As expected, this person went golfing instead and I could only imagine what story would be told to my friends that were also golfing. I mean, I knew I was going to be painted as the bitch and the reason for him/her not going but I'm SOOOOO not taking responsibility for this one! It was obvious from the get-go that he/she didn't want to go and my saying what I said just gave him/her the excuse not to go. Come to find out, this person told basically the same story that I just told you, but told everyone that he/she had a headache and didn't feel well and that's why he/she just left when I said what I did. Must have been a REAL bad headache if he/she could still go golfing (Ok.. now THAT was bitchy.... but again... True!) Regardless, we had an awesome time and it's unfortunate this person had to miss it and create a situation that could have been avoided with a simple phone call saying they didn't want to go. Would have been better than the scene that was made!

We started with dinner at Savannah's and it was AWESOME! There were so many things we wanted on the menu that we already know what we're going to order the next time we go! I had a cajun chicken sandwich that was great, while the others (see, I'm still doing good on that anonymity thing) had chicken stir fry and a chili burrito, both of which sang their praises. So basically, if you're up around Pearl Street, give Savannah's a shot! I would appreciate it, as would my friends :)

Enjoy your Saturday... I'm off to make my "famous" buffalo chicken wing dip and more than likely play a few drunken hours of Rock Band... Maybe I should practice before I go. It's been a while.. Happy Weekend!!!

Footnote: Don't any of you bitch at me for not calling you about the extra Kathy Griffin ticket.. I had someone who wanted to go, but she didn't say no until too late, so there really wasn't much time to do anything about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To tell you the truth I did have a headache, but you never gave me the chance to let you know that. I didn't plan on going golfing and was looking forward to going to the show. I wasn't feeling well that day. I wish if you were going to tell a story you would gethe facts right. And just let you know, if you want to mention my name that is fine. I didn't tell your friends anythings different then what went on. And just to let you know they are my are my friends to. You can think what you want. If I didn't want to go to the show I am sure that you would have had something on this blog about how I backed out. It's fine you didn't hurt me. You can tell everyone what you believe, but if you are going to tell it please tell the truth.

Anonymous said...

PS, I bet you couldn't wait to post this one. Maybe we would be better off not talking to each other at all.

Let's not forget what happened on Flag day when you came over to me and starting crying about you losing $60. I was there for you tellin you it was going to be all right. Do you remember that. You didn't put that in your blog anywhere.

I don't expect you to apologize to me becuause you never think you do anything wrong.

If I didn't want to go to the show I would have called and say I didn't want to go. The truth is that I really was excited about going until that afternoo. I had a headache. When you said the comment the way you did (and off course you won't admit that it was in a sarcastic way)I wasn't in the mood to put up with you shit the rest of the night. Because when Kara can't be in control everyone else has to suffer. I was going to try and make it throught the night with the headache, because I figured that I could make it through the night and it would go away, as it did when I went to play golf. It went away. I called Niki and found that they hadn't gone out yet to play, so I told here that I would come over and play. Maybe we just aren't able to get along. It lasts for so many months and then all hell breaks loose. The one thing that I am sas about is that Tre is always somehow in the middle. She is my best friend and don't wish to involve her in anyway. I don't risk that friendship I have with her just because we don't get along. She says that we are to much alike. So you can decide to remain friends with me or not. It is really funny that I had to heard that this blog was posted and you got to tell your side of the story. I just wanted to make a comment and let everyone know my side also. You may not believe it, but the comment you said to me really wasn't why I left, it was the way you said it. Of course you probably won't think there was any problem with it. I wish you stop assuming what I was thinking about that night and know the truth. Because I didn't want to go to the show in the ggeginning of the week didn't mean I didn't want to go Friday night. We played golf and that was satisfying. I do wish if you really had something to say you would say it to me instead of telling the whole world. It's a shame you can't face the me and tell me what you really think. I think it is safe to say that we are probably not going to talk for months as usual.