Wednesday, June 25, 2008

As I've made abundantly clear, my friends are co-owners of Savannah's in Albany. Well, Saturday night they had some unexpected, but entertaining visitors. Apparently, Brian Cody from Fly 92 called and told them he was bringing some guests. Everyone was running around crazy to get things together, as said guests turned out to be Coolio, Blake Lewis and Simple Plan. That same day was Big Day Out, their annual concert, and these acts headlined. For some reason, Sue didn't think it important to call and try to get me there, but she did relay the information and how much fun it was. Apparently the band that played before the DJ was still on stage when the "stars" came in, so they got on stage and jammed with them. I hear it's going to be up on You Tube pretty soon, but I couldn't find it when I looked. I mean, I can't say I'm a huge fan of any of them, but Sue said they were all really nice and down to earth, which is kind of what you want to hear about a "celebrity." And hey.. Coolio is getting his own reality show, so he'll probably be on top of the world this time next year (and not just up in the clouds from smoking too much weed).

Speaking of reality stars, here are some blasts from the past.

J and I went to see The Incredible Hulk last night, and it was actually quite good. Granted, I waited till the movie ended to get my Tony Stark cameo, but it was worth it. And hey, if you like that sort of thing, lots of times Edward Norton wasn't wearing very much! But seriously.. it had a really great romantic storyline, but it didn't overpower the action. The effects were very good, although there was only one time where they showed Norton's actual transformation from Bruce Banner into the Hulk. Add in some entertaining cameos from Stan Lee and Lou Ferrigno and you've got a pretty decent flick on your hands.

Ball game tonight and my cousin should be landing at the airport as we speak. Therefore, hump 'em if you got 'em.. It's Wednesday after all!

No comments: