Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I was running late this morning (thanks to my new "habit" of going to the gym and/or working out in the AM) and forgot my Ipod. The silence is driving me absolutely crazy. Seriously.. certifiably crazy. I don't think I can concentrate if I only have one thing to concentrate on. I can actually hear my brain thinking and it's not a good thing. It sounds kinda squishy.

Last night I was watching an audition episode of "So You Think You Can Dance" that I had taped. Every time someone made it to Vegas, I had to hold back tears. Ok, it was less like holding back tears and more like choking back sobs. If you're a man, be happy. PMS is a scary, scary thing, and not just for the men who say the wrong thing during it.

I have paperwork all over my desk and I found this little red bug on one of them. Now I feel itchy and like bugs are running up and down my legs. I'm sure it's just a figment of my imagination, but it's still a freaky feeling.

I know this is late, but I want to congratulate my friends Shannon and Scott, as Shannon gave birth to their twin sons, Cooper and Brayden on Thursday, May 29th. Shan had to have a c-section about a month early, but the boys and mom are now home and doing well. Cooper was 5lbs, 3oz, while Brayden was 4lbs, 6oz. Congratulations and best of luck (even though they'll be Yankee fans)!!!

I've been very busy lately (both in and out of work) so I apologize for my lack of blogging. I shouldn't have posted so often, now I feel as if I've set lofty goals! Let me see if I can hit some important stuff before I go back to doing what I should be doing:

Ewww... I wish I could say more, but I can't.. Oh wait.. I can.. thank GOD it's through artificial insemination cause if it was real sex.... I shudder at the thought. That, and this woman is a record producer and the only person she could think of to inseminate her is Clay Aiken?! Oh honey no...

Apparently Angelina's twins are still in her belly, although reports have been insanely conflicting over the last few days.

Yowser... Not a total Betty, but a VAST improvement.

Wednesday night I went to dinner with J's brother, sister in law, sister, brother in law and niece at Smokey Bones in Albany. I wasn't a big fan of Smokey Bones (they kinda didn't make my burger or something to that effect) but I was fully entertained by J's niece. The kid dances like it's nobody's business.... or a stripper. I guess it all depends on how you look at it. Granted, it's way cuter when a kid shimmies her shoulders than a woman of a certain age.

Friday night, J's sister held a Bachelor/Bachelorette auction at Bombers Burrito Bar as a fundraiser for Relay for Life. Oh... My... God.. I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard in my entire life. It was slow goings at first, but once people got the load on, the money flowed! J battled hard and won his sister's friend for the bargain basement price of $210, which (believe it or not) was not the highest bid that night! I believe they raised almost $3,000 and it was such a great, drunken time.

J and I watched 3:10 to Yuma on Saturday night and that was a really good movie. I don't particularly like westerns, but it looked really interesting so I figured I"d give it a shot. Well, that and Christian Bale was in it. I mean, I saw The Machinist for God's sake and he looked like he was on death's door in that one! Anyway, it moves along pretty well and there are lots of faces you kinda recognize, but can't place, which I always like in movies. I like having to IMDB until the lightbulb goes off ;).

Sunday night I went to see Sex and the City with some friends. It was really good! I don't know what I expected, but it was one of those movies where I never once looked at my watch, even though it was 2 hours and 15 minutes long. You CAN go see it even if you didn't watch the show (there were little synopses of everyone's storyline at the beginning) but it's better if you know background and the inside jokes. I won't spoil it for anyone, but I will say there were plenty of ups and downs throughout. That, and I don't recall ever seeing the little movie theater in Hudson that packed... especially on a Sunday night. A friend of mine waited in line for an hour and a half to see it on Friday night, which is so not normal! She saw it again with her mom Sunday night so it must have been worth it. Now I just have to pick a night to go with my mom!

I have more to say, but no time. I'll try to keep up if you will...

No comments: