Wednesday, June 11, 2008

J shaved off his goatee!!! I just kept staring at him last night. He's a million times cuter without it. Thank god for the heat wave cause he insists he shaved it "cause it was too hot." Makes me wish we lived somewhere notoriously warm.. So it's gone.. for now..

I don't know if I mentioned it, but J screwed up his knee pretty bad at work last week. He was out of work all last week and was in an immobilizer, but they didn't give him crutches. Therefore, his back was killing him because of the way he was walking. We went to the mall on Sunday to get him a knee brace for work, which seemed to work better for him than the immobilizer. When he went to work on Monday they sent him home because he didn't have a note saying he could go back to work (the note said he was due back on the 7th, but he forged it for the 9th). He then had to go back to the ER to get a note with restrictions, so now he's working in another department until his orthopedic appointment.... on JULY 2ND.. Seriously? It's still very swollen and I have no doubt that he'll need surgery, but he can't see an orthopedic for a month!? Unreal..

It's f'n gorgeous out right now. I couldn't be happier! My sister bought a new washer/dryer and I get to stay home tomorrow so the guys can deliver it, and it's supposed to be really nice out. I have no idea what to do with my day but I think it'll include some cleaning (my cousin and her boyfriend are coming in two weeks and staying at our house), running (NOT in oppressive heat) and looking for a new bedspread. My new bed came today and I'm thinking of changing up my room a little bit, as my bedspread would match so much better in the spare room, where my OLD bed is going. Yep.. we're gonna have a REAL guest room. Way better to sleep on than the futon, that's for sure!

OMG - how did I forget!? We went to Savannah's on Saturday night, which is the place my friends own (Speaking of which - HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETE). We had only intended to go there for a drink or two, but it turned into a night of grape cosmos, jager-bombs and LOTS of dancing. I proposed marriage to the bald bartender (I didn't tell J that part) and kept telling J that I was a mother fuckin' VIP... which apparently I am. The DJ was great and she played anything we wanted to hear. Apparently they had a record night and I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late! It was a really awesome time so if you ever need a place to go in Albany, give Savannah's a try! I didn't take any pictures cause I was waiting for another friend to come, but her friends didn't want to come in.. apparently it was too "small" for them or something. They have no idea the fun they missed!

When I got home the other day, my mom had left presents for me: These are two of my favorite books from childhood, and THIS is just the icing on the cake. I only had it on VHS so watching it wasn't as easy as I'd hoped. I almost watched it Monday night, but I had a lot of other things I needed to get done first, like FINALLY watch Pump Up the Volume. I was a bit of a Christian Slater fan way back when, so I'm shocked I never saw this movie when it came out. What can I say? It's no Heathers, but it ranks up there on my Christian Slater list.. Speaking of Heathers, I totally need to get that on DVD.. I haven't watched it in ages, but it's the first movie I ever owned. I still remember my mom walking into my room on Christmas right when Heather #1 says something to the effect of "You want to fuck with the eagles, you have to learn to fly." Yeah.. perfect timing.

Time to get back to work.. I'll try to get some gossip and such in later, if not, I PROMISE to give you a little something something tomorrow... :)

No comments: