Saturday, June 07, 2008

I know a Saturday post is rare, but I really couldn't help it. I competed in my first 5K this morning and I finished it without stopping to walk! Obviously, I wasn't doing it for time, but I did finish in 37 minutes and 30 seconds, which, considering the heat, I was pretty happy with. It averages out to about 12 and a half minutes per mile and if anyone has seen the length of my legs, you'll know that's pretty quick for me to run! I really pushed myself, especially the last tenth of a mile to the finish which as I crossed the finish line, I peed my pants. Yep.. couldn't stop myself no matter how hard I tried (and believe me, I tried!). At first I was embarassed, but apparently other people have done it and it's kind of a funny story. I guess I'll never forget my first 5K, right!? Anyway, I just want to thank Jen for running it with me, even though she probably could have done it in half the time. It was really great to have someone there to push me through, because I know I would have stopped if it hadn't been for her. Then again, I might not have peed my pants so maybe I shouldn't thank her quite yet ;) Tre finished at 29:58, which is perfect cause she wanted to finish under a half hour. Can't get any closer than that, right!? I guess this means I need to step up my training so I can NOT be the last person to finish the Boilermaker when we go. (FYI - I was far from the last person to finish today.. I think - I finally breezed past the power walking old man during my sprinting tenth of a mile to the finish line).

Holy shit.. it's hot as balls today. I've already taken a shower and just from sitting in my house, I feel disgusting. We're headed out up in Albany tonight, so I needed to shower anyway, but I hope it cools down a LITTLE. I mean.. it's beastly, and it looks like it's going to be that way through next weekend. Ewww.. as long as it doesn't rain on Flag Day I guess it's all good. What happened to Spring? Seriously...

No comments: