Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yep.. this is the elusive J, but if you say you saw his picture here, I'll deny it forever! And yes.. I hate the goatee :). This was a picture of us at his niece's birthday party last weekend. He HATES having his picture taken, so I don't really know how it happened and how he actually smiled for the camera.

As much as I enjoy long weekends, they sure do lead to long weeks, don't they?

I had a ball game Friday night (we won) and afterwards, our team went back to Jackson's in Old Chatham, which is our home bar. Anyway, if you don't know the area, Old Chatham is in the middle of nowhere, as is the bar. As I walked into the bar, I noticed an older man sitting at a table by the bar. The more I looked (subtly of course, even though I was probably on my fourth beer on an empty stomach), I realized he looks JUST like my advisor at Castleton State. I couldn't resist going up to him to find out if it really was him... AND IT WAS! Seriously! How small a world is it!? I was too preoccupied with hoping he didn't ask me what I was doing job-wise (he was a marketing professor and with his "guidance" I graduated from CSC with my B.S. in Marketing) to bother asking him why he was there in the first place? I mean, it's not like we were in Albany or anything. It was very surreal.
J ended up having to play in our ball game for a short while on Friday night, as we were a little lacking in the guy department. I was a little concerned. The people that run our team wanted him to play centerfield but I quickly nixed that, as J has no depth perception whatsover! He played right field instead, which I thought was a better fit! Anyway, I know he can hit, so that wasn't much of a concern. He only got two balls hit to him all night and he almost had a good play at first on the first one. The second one: different story. I was catching the ball got hit out to J. Well, there was a guy rounding third and I knew J was going to be coming up throwing which, ordinarily, would be fine. However, the sun was completely blocking my view and I never saw the ball until it was over my head. J does have a good arm and thankfully he overthrew the ball something fierce! A few runs came in and I know he was embarassed, but it didn't really affect the outcome, as we still won by a decent margin. He's still talking about the throw though. I guess if I could throw it that far, I would be too..
After going out on Friday night, J and I spent the day lounging on the couch, watching baseball and softball ALL day long. Seriously.. ALL DAY LONG, minus an hour and a half where J slept and I watched Johnny Dangerously. It was kinda funny and entertaining. I mean, how do you not love Joe Piscopo and fake NY accents? Anyway, after I finally dragged myself to the shower, we went to dinner and the movies, where we saw the new Indiana Jones movie. Let me just say, it's no Raiders of the Lost Ark, but it's got funny parts for sure. I can't say I didn't enjoy it, but I just expected more. For a George Lucas movie, the special effects just didn't seem as good as I thought they would be! That and (spoiler alert) the crazy Roswell subplot did NOT leave me wanting more.. just a touch confused.
Tre and I watched American Gangster last night. When we went to the video store, I asked Tre how long it was. She said 1 hour and 53 minutes. About 2 hours into the movie, I realized the movie was 153 minutes, NOT an hour and 53 minutes. Regardless, I really liked the movie. I think I just have a thing for mean Denzel....
O's beat the Yanks yesterday and right now it's pretty much a home run derby. It's the top of the 6th, with the score tied 8-8. The balls are literally flying out of the park, it's crazy!
I have sucked Tre into the "Lost Footage" of the Real Housewives of New York City. I'm such a bad influence on her.
I think I'm going to the Bahamas in October! One of the couples on my softball team is going on a 4 day (long weekend) cruise and they booked a couple cabins. Well, Tre and I (admittedly, while drunk) asked them for the information and I think we're going to go! I'm so excited, especially because the price is relatively cheap. I mean, I already have the money in my savings, so really all I need to do is save up some more money for the bar bill.
I heard a rumor today that a Planet Fitness is going into the old Grand Union building in Valatie. That would be really awesome, except I'd hate to lose the price I pay at the gym I'm at now. Then again, it'd be so worth it to go to another gym if it's open 24/7 like I think they are. That, and for a few extra bucks a month, you can tan. What more could you ask for?
Speaking of fitness, after my two mile run today I ate an entire box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese... by myself.... in one sitting... with two hot dogs. I really need help. At least they were lite hot dogs.

No comments: