Friday, May 02, 2008

News from the doctor is this: He prescribed me Ambien.. He thinks my laundry list of problems might stem from my lack of sleep. It's not that I don't sleep.. I do. I just wake up a lot during the night and I honestly never thought of that making me tired, since I rarely end up staying awake for more than a few minutes. Then last night, I woke up four times and it made me wonder. So, I'm going to fill the prescription and see what happens. If that doesn't help me, we'll do bloodwork to see if anything is wrong with my thyroid, iron and/or B12 levels. Only time (and some drugs) will tell.

Last night Tre and I went to Joe's for their wing night. They do $.25 wings, but we decided to order off their wing menu and I got butter and garlic parmesan wings. OMG they were sooooo good! Well worth the not $.25 price, that's for sure. I never go to Joe's, even though it's right down the street from my house. I guess you might say I'm not always sure what kind of crowd it will be. Well, last night people came out of the woodwork! I saw a guy that used to go to my gym, who I hadn't seen in at least a year.. He showed me a picture of his baby so I guess he's been busy. Then, I ran into another guy, whose Grandmother lives down the street from me. He went to one of the neighboring high schools and I was in complete love with him when I was younger. He lived in California for a while, but now he's back in town. So, we chatted for a bit and as we left he told me that I looked good. Um.. Yeah thanks! I've only been waiting to hear THAT for 20 years... ;) Still looks good though, I'll tell you that. Amazingly, I was able to hide the drool pouring out of my mouth, so that was a plus.

Busy weekend on tap.. tonight J and I are going to dinner to celebrate my first real Friday that I don't have to bowl (and am not busy). After that, we're headed to his brother's house to play Rock Band and Mario Kart. Who ever thought I'd spend a Friday night playing video games? I sure as hell didn't? At least there's beer involved. Saturday is the Kentucky Derby so I'll be shuffling between a friend's party and my cousin's table at Meadowgreens. Can't get too drunk though, as we have our first ball game on Sunday morning (unless the rain comes in). If it doesn't, my other cousin's son has his first communion, so regardless, things are going on! Somewhere in there I'd like to do my laundry and head to the mall to get some makeup. I've been using Bare Minerals for a year or so, and it's just gotten to the point where I think it irritates my skin. I have really sensitive, dry skin as it is and I don't think putting powder on it is helping. That, and it doesn't cover as well as I need it to sometimes. My face gets VERY red and if I cover it up, it looks like I'm wearing a Kabuki mask. Not attractive. Anyway, my mom had a sample of some liquid makeup from Lancome and when I put it on today, my whole face felt better. So, I'd like to run to the mall and see if I can find one that's right for me, but it doesn't look like I'll have enough free time for that. Maybe some day next week instead.

As much as I enjoyed listening to him (as we all know, I'm a sucker for a man with an accent) it was Mark's turn to leave on Top Chef. His vegetable curry and his real thought that Chef Tom Collichio didn't like him, turned off the judges and sent him packing. However, Lisa's dismal attitude and underseasoned chicken put her in the bottom, along with Stephanie, who was there for the second week in a row. The big winner was Antonia, who not only aced the quickfire, but also won the week's challenge. Previews for next week included "wedding wars" where the chefs look dead on their feet, as they have to cook for 14 hours. Fatigue and food do NOT go well together so I'm sure there'll be plenty of blow ups. Woo hoo!

My new fave (after Claire got the boot) Katarzyna was let go from ANTM because of her lack of personality. If I were her, I would have left the room and yelled to Tyra the correct way to say my name, cause Tyra butchered that shit all season, no matter how many times Kat tried to tell Tyra the correct pronunciation. 4 girls remain...

Addison came back and I laughed my ass off for the whole episode of Grey's Anatomy.. Ok.. maybe not the WHOLE episode. After all, it's a hospital drama so people die and such, but there were some funny exchanges between Izzie and George, and Addison bought up some interesting observations while she was back at Seattle Grace. So the real question is, did Hahn turn down McSteamy because he's a douche or because she'd rather get it on with Callie? Stay tuned!

Enjoy your weekend and bet wisely!!!

No comments: