Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Last night I went to Savannah's, which is the new home of my friends Sue and Pete. I say "new home" but I mean new business venture, as they're part owners. It's located at 1 South Pearl Street in Albany, where they have great food and awesome bands (usually Thursday - Saturday). Therefore, don't be surprised if that's where I want to go when we're out in Albany. Gotta bring people in to patronize the friends, don't you think? Check it out if you're in the area.

It's dead at work this week and I've been a MAJOR slacker today so I'm trying to get as much into this post as I can in a very short amount of time:

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds are engaged.. I kinda liked him with Alanis Morissette, who is basically the anti-Scarlett... Interesting, don'tcha think? That, and last week they were publicly fighting on the streets of Boston. I love Hollywood..

Angela Kinsey (Angela on The Office) had her baby on Saturday. Now next season she won't have to keep hiding behind countertops and pocketbooks. Congratulations!!!

Here's another one for fans of The Office.

There could be a sequel to Anchorman in the works. I LOVE Anchorman, but it's rare that the sequel ever compares... that scares me. Then again, I thought the movie was dumb the first time I saw it, and now I LOVE it.. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

J and I are going to see Iron Man tonight, which I'm actually looking forward to it, even though it's NOT a biography of Cal Ripken... (like I could let that one slide.. give me a break). The movie has already made a ridiculous amount of money and apparently it's fun for boys AND girls.. I'll be the judge of that! I admit, when I first heard about it, I told J that was one he'd need to see with his buddies. However, I saw the trailers and was instantly intrigued. That, and I just love it when Robert Downey Jr is all sarcastic and snarky..

Don't go looking for a post tomorrow cause I'll be in NYC with my mom! As I've mentioned, I'm taking her to the city to see A Chorus Line on Broadway, which really, is just as much a present for me as it is for her. Mario Lopez is in it and if he skips the performance to stay in LA a little longer for the 100th DWTS show, I might seriously hunt him down and make him apologize to my mom. That's not out of line, is it?

Speaking of DWTS - Cristian seriously rocked out with his cock out.. Not literally, but good lord the man should have danced with one arm for the whole show. He's sitting atop the leaderboard after impressing on both his dances! Kristi and Jason both took hits on their second dances, but it's more than likely still going to be a toss up between Mario and Marisa. At this point, I don't really care which of them goes although we all know how I feel about Karina.. and if Mario Lopez doesn't show up tomorrow, it'll give me just one more reason to hate her. And oh yeah.. I want to be Edyta Sliwinska when I grow up.. who do I have to get in touch with to make that happen? Apparently today is her b'day, so Happy Birthday to Edyta!!!

I've slacked off more than normal today, so I need to get a move on. Enjoy your night and I'll be back on Thursday with some movie and musical reviews! Happy Early Hump Day!

No comments: