Thursday, May 08, 2008

I don't have much time so I'll try to sum it up as quickly and easily as possible...

A Chorus Line was PHENOMENAL! I swear, I teared up like three times, but I basically held it together. I can't help it. It's my favorite show and I never ever thought I'd get the chance to see it on Broadway and now I have. My mom had a really good time, blisters and all. We didn't have much time to walk around but we got to see Times Square and what we thought was a commercial shooting in Bryant Park. We had a great (and cheap) lunch at Simply Pasta (check it out if you're up and around 42nd Street) and then caught the show. Didn't see any famous people, but it was sooooo worth it. Mario Lopez was actually quite good, and he ended up walking up and down my aisle through the whole show. If I had leapt over the women sitting next to mom and I, I could have touched him. The woman that played Cassie didn't thrill me, but she's won a Tony so who am I to judge? My mom insisted she's never going ot the city with me again, because every single black man that passed us, looked at my ass. What can I say? They LOVE the junk in the trunk and I thank them for their appreciation! It was a long, tiring day but it was a really good time. Don't know how I'll top it next year. I think since I spearheaded this Mother's Day, Tre is in charge next year.

Tuesday night was my first night with Ambien and it was a doozy! I crashed out quickly and HARD.. I was not awake for this (or I don't remember it) but I usually set my alarm for J and let it go twice before I heave him out of bed. Apparently it went off once and I violently shut it off. All I remember is hearing his cell phone alarm (which is his last line of defense) and that's it. I don't remember him getting up, I don't remember him leaving or anything. He actually called me when he got out of work to make sure I woke up. Let me tell you something, if I can sleep like that, sign me up for the Ambien Train! Therefore, I was really looking forward to taking it last night. I was already tired, so I figured I'd crash pretty hard again. Not so much. I woke up a little after 2:00 and while I did go back to sleep, I thought the point was that I wouldn't wake up. I don't know.. I guess I need to give it some more time before I make a decision on it, but if the first night was any indication, I might just be in love..

Tonight is the American Cancer Society Trivia Night I've been talking about for the last week. However, I've spent so much time trying to recruit people to go, that I neglected to find a team for myself. Neither J nor I have anyone to play with, so we might just have to make our own team. We shall see what happens. Regardless, I'm looking forward to a fun night of trivia with my friends for a good cause. Remember, all are welcome, whether you want to play trivia or not.

I did manage to watch America's Next Top Model, which left the final three as Anya, Fatima and Whitney. Anya gets on my nerves and I doubt she'll make the fina cause she'll never be able to talk her way through a Cover Girl commercial. Fatima might win, but I really haven't liked her from the get to and I kinda want Whitney to win for all the fatties. Plus, I've liked her the best. Anyway, the finale is next week and then there'll be one less show for my DVR to tape. But then So You Think You Can Dance will start and shoot it all to hell.. Woo hoo!!!!

My day of leisure has been cut short, so I've got to get some work done and make the day go by. Hope to get back with some more information tomorrow so enjoy your Thursday!

No comments: