Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I had great intentions. I turned the computer on last night (which takes forever) and even was sitting on the blogger site to type.. Then things got in the way. I had every intention of posting first thing this morning but when I got to work, the internet was down. It just came back up, but it's not going to give me enough "alone" time to do what I have to do so I apologize for being a terrible TERRIBLE blog slacker.

Quickly: Whitney won America's Next Top Model, which made me so happy.. I even let out a little shriek when she won, much like she did. It's about time a big girl (big as in size 6, not 2) took the crown.

My favorite freak of nature, Andrew, was ousted from Top Chef this week. I hated to admit that it really was his time to go, but I liked his outrageousness and the fact that he REALLY thought he was the best. Sushi? As a filling lunch for cops? Nutritious, yes? Filling? Hell no! Granted, Lisa KINDA threw him under the bus, but the judges already knew he was there. Unfortunately for him, the Judges are kind of sticklers for that "following the rules" thing..

Talk about stealing thunder: Andy proposed to Angela on the season finale of The Office, before Jim could get through his own elaborate plan of proposing to Pam.. WTF? Best ending ever though, when someone (I think it was Phyllis) walks in on Angela and Dwight getting it on in the office after said proposal.

O's swept the Sox in a two game set last week and took two of three from the Nats at Camden Yards this past weekend. It's a tough week as we start a series against the Yanks tonight, and the Sox again later this week.

The weekend was full of children's birthday parties and baby showers, all of which were way less painful than I had originally anticipated. No offense, but I'm a little "kidded" out..

Kathy Griffin and her man, one of the co-founders of Apple, have broken up. Apparently that happened when his secretary called Kathy to tell her he was already married. I feel bad for her, but I can't wait for the jokes at his expense when she comes to town on the 20th of June!

I was transfixed by this informercial the other day, and I'm still shocked I didn't buy it (yet). I mean.. if Tony Dovolani says it works, it must!

Dancing with the Stars was basically a Kristi lovefest last night, so it's highly possible that she'll win, although I hated her freestyle for some reason. She's amazing, and I feel bad for the guys cause while they ARE doing well, they are just not at the same level as she is. We will find out tonight who takes home the coveted mirrorball trophy!

I have no intentions of doing so, but I'm so afraid I'm going to get sucked into Living Lohan and Denise Richards new reality show on E! I have reality show issues.. I know.. Damn you E!!! You're starting to be my new Bravo!!

I don't know if anyone has ever seen American Anthem, but it is the BEST gymnastics movie ever made. Oh yeah.. I said it. I sure do wish I had it on DVD, but I'm afraid I haven't seen it in years as I only have it on VHS and it's taped off FX. Nice thing is, there's a commercial with Cal Ripken in it during the programming. Anyway, let's just say Mitch Gaylord has aged well and that is just one more reason to love him.

That's all I can get out for now.. I'll keep trying if you keep reading...

No comments: