Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Is this the slowest week ever, or what?

I got a bit ahead of myself in yesterday's post by saying the O's were facing the Yanks, then the Sox this week. That's next week. This week it's the Yanks and the Rays and they got off to a great start last night by shellacking the Yanks 12-2... and not letting Mussina get out of the first inning. I'm pretty sure that would be one of the worst starts of his career.. or for his sake, I hope it was! That's all I'm going to say, as I've been an O's fan long enough to know the tide can turn pretty damn quickly!

Why do people who are on vacation always want to tell you how great it is where they are? My parents are in Myrtle Beach and my mom keeps calling to make sure the weather up here isn't better than the weather there. Yeah.. it's not, which means it was a great week for them to go on vacation, but still makes me a little bitter!

In a not so shocker, Kristi Yamaguchi took home the mirrorball trophy on Dancing with the Stars and has been touted as the best contestant ever! That statement, of course, has started the rumor that there'll soon be an all star season of DWTS. I'm not sure how I feel about it, as most "all star" contestants have already made their great leaps and bounds. It's not as much fun if you already know how far they've come.

J surprise me last night by kinda making plans, and we went here for dinner. We had heard about it a while ago, but since J's roommate is home, I don't really spend all that much time there (he kinda screws up my morning routine) during the week. Well, J is watching his brother's dogs (which is a whole 'nother story) so we went there for dinner then came home to watch a movie. We watched Shoot 'Em Up, which was.. interesting. I'll be honest.. it wasn't my first choice and I was more interested in watching the O's - Yanks game, so I chose it because it was the shortest of the ones J wanted to watch. Anyway, he had to work at 4 so we were in bed around 10. After my non sleeping Saturday night there, I was so happy to take my Ambien and pray it worked. It did.. It was like the dogs weren't even there. It wasn't the best night of sleep I've had, but better than I expected.

My sister had to wear pants to the gym tonight because she accidentally wore two different sneakers to the gym. She made me promise not to laugh, but I couldn't help it. Speaking of my sister, I got a call on my cell phone from a boy.... for her. I told her that if she gets drunk and gives out a fake number, MAKE SURE IT'S NOT MINE!!!

If there's one thing in the world I hate, it's condescending people. I had to call this government office today because they sent back a document we sent them. The reason they sent it back was ridiculous, as the information they're looking for is already in the document. Anyway, the woman I get on the phone is instantly bitchy and then talks to me like I'm a five year old. When I explain to her that the information wants is already in there, she continues to tell me how I can make it more.... obvious. It probably didn't help when I said "so, basically you want me to do your job for you, right?" Oops.. Yeah... I hate condescending people.

I'm getting a 401K... I'm all grown up :)

This theory was mentioned on both The Big Bang Theory and Bones season finales. I watched BBT first and found the concept interesting, but when they mentioned it the same night on Bones, I wondered if there had been a crossover in writers... but I'm pretty sure it was just a coincidence.

So one is officially a shotgun wedding, the other... we're not quite sure yet.. but hey.. ya gotta love love, right?

That's the best I can do.... it's getting late, I'm getting tired, and I need to finish watching A Home at the End of the the World. I should never force myself to watch a movie, just so I can say I watched it.. I never end up paying close enough attention or even enjoying it, which is so unlike me. Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed your hump day and the week goes by quicker than mine has so far.

No comments: