Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I got stood up

by my seamstress. I went to her house right after work (as she asked when she called me to set up an appointment last night) and there were no cars in the driveway. Dress and shoes in hand, I went up the stairs and knocked on her front door. No answer. After that, I knocked on the side door where her work space is but there was no answer. The door was partially open so I walked in. I started yelling to see if anyone was there, but I got no answer. I then went out to my car and waited for another 10-15 minutes, but nothing. Finally I called the house, but I got no answer. I left a message, but she has yet to call me back. Now I’m kind of stuck, as I had already cancelled my appointment that I had made for Thursday night. My friend Sue keeps insisting to me that the lady is dead and I walked into a dead lady’s house. I certainly hope that’s not the case but it is kind of making me worried that she hasn’t called at all. I don’t plan on bringing the dress to work with me again tomorrow so we’ll see what happens. I do have one other person I can call, but I don’t think she can press the dress, which is something I really need. If anyone has any options, I’d be more than happy to listen!

Tonight, Sue and I went to my old dance studio to visit. We were both pretty concerned about how it was going to go, but it was like we had never left. We stayed for about an hour, watching the dances and chatting with the teachers. We’re headed to the show next week and she seemed very happy to see us. It was kind of a nice night. It brought back a lot of good memories and it wasn’t a terrible way to spend the evening.

I’m watching Rescue Me and I’m a little confused. After last week I thought Sheila was dead. Now she’s in some great Manhattan apartment to be closer to her son at NYU? Perhaps I should pay more attention! Regardless of my confusion, it’s still a phenomenal show.

The O’s made it official by hiring Andy McPhail as President of Baseball Operations. Hopefully this is only a taste of good things to come, as the O’s made no secret of the fact that they interviewed Joe Girardi for the managerial position. McPhail has a good relationship with him and with Dusty Baker, both of whom would be assets to our struggling ball club. The O’s are ahead in the first inning of their game vs. San Diego, and it’d sure be nice to stop that nine game skid in it’s tracks, am I right?

I just read that Sensational Sherri died! I remember her from the WWF (it was the 80’s so it was still ok to call it the WWF) and she was the manager of The Million Dollar Man, Ted Dibiase. God, he was a dick. I think she was even affiliated with Hulk Hogan for a while. Anyway, I guess she was found dead at her mother’s house last week and no one is sure if foul play is involved yet.

I thought things were going to get back to normal once J’s family left, but his boss is still on vacation and he’s working at 2 am. That’s way too early to do anything of substance. Hopefully he won’t have to work that early on Friday so maybe I can have my boyfriend back. Maybe.. Have a great weekend!! I’m going to try to enjoy the rest of my week and my first half day Friday…

No comments: