Monday, June 04, 2007

I got in trouble

which explains my lack of blogging. Apparently I spent a tad too much time on the internet at the new job. Granted, I'm not networked to the office yet so I keep my email up all day so I can send myself stuff to print, but apparently that wasn't a good enough excuse. So, I've been relegated to simply checking my email and no other sites. I'm in TMZ withdrawal. What are the odds that the small office has spying software while the big office didn't? Just my luck. What I'm trying to say is, if you thought my blogging had gotten sporadic at best, it's only going to get worse.

Let's see if I can update you. Not much is going on, so it shouldn't be that hard! J. and I had a pretty good weekend. After my ball game Friday night (we beat the only undefeated team in the league which was quite a coup for Nassau) and when my drinking buddy wasn't as into it as she'd thought she would be, I took a shower and hightailed it to J.'s party. I actually had a good time, which was a nice change. I also had a good time at his brother's birthday dinner the night before so we've been doing well as of late. Anyway, like I said, the party was a good time and we were insanely lazy all day on Saturday. When I insisted we do something constructive he said we were: we spent all day holding the bed down while watching the Women's College World Series. Eventually we got motivated but as usual, it was too late. Around 5:30 we tried to find a place to have dinner and make it to a 7:30 movie. When all the good restaurants were packed we decided on Subway, since we would have popcorn at the movies anyway.... or so we thought. We got to the movies early and the line was way outside the door. We would have never gotten in on time and gotten popcorn so we bailed and rented The Night Listener instead. It was an interesting movie, even more so because it was based on true events. I'll recommend it.

The next day (after a pseudo baby shower I had to attend) I went back and met up with J. and his friends to play softball. It was fun, but would have been better had it not been raining the majority of the time. It's something they want to do every week and I am going to try to bring a few more people so we can play a real game, or something like that. It was actually kind of nice because I got to play the outfield again, which I haven't done in years. I've realized how much more comfortable I am in the outfield as opposed to the infield. I LOATHE ground balls! Yesterday there were only 8 of us so we just played a kind of home run derby thing. I had to go just as the skies opened up for the downpour. I'm not sure if they stayed much after that!

I finally made it to the gym today. I really didn't have a choice. I bought new sneakers and I had to start tanning for the wedding at the end of June. I really NEED to go to the gym because it's coming close to me having to Mary Kate Olsen my way into this f'n bridesmaid dress. I know it's bad for you, but damn, tanning feels soooo good! I even bought a pilates/yoga mat so I could do my pilates DVD without having to unravel my electric blanket. I really need to stop giving myself reasons NOT to avoid physical activity. It's so unlike me.

Arizona is facing Tennessee in the Women's College World Series finals, with the first in the best of 3 series tonight. As of now, Tennessee is leading 2-0 off yet another stellar performance from pitcher Monica Abbott. I'll never understand how colleges do all this recruiting, yet they have one workhorse pitcher. My sister insists it's a "natural motion" so it's not like pitching baseball every day, but I still think these girls have to be exhausted!!! I was really rooting for one of the midwest teams to get in there. I'm so sick of the same four or five teams every year. I'm not rooting for anyone in particular, but it looks like it'll be a good series.

Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List starts a new season tomorrow night. I can't wait. I don't care what anyone says, I think she's f'n hysterical. She also has a brand new stand up special on just prior to the premiere of her show, so I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow night. Ok, well, I kind of hope I'm not because J. and I have tried to go to the movies for the last two weeks and have yet to pull it off. I'm going to try and convince him we should go tomorrow night, mainly because it's doubtful I'll be seeing much of him the next few weeks. His mother, father, sister and her two kids come into town on Thursday. They live in Mississippi (i think) and don't make it up here that often so I'm pretty sure his free time is going to be limited for the next few weeks. I'm sure I'm going to have to meet his parents and I'm seriously petrified to do so. Plus, his sister is my age and when we first started dating the first words out of her mouth were "she's 30!?" Yeah... I can't wait. He's basically already told me that they're going to hate me (Ok, he didn't say that exactly but he wasn't real encouraging either) so I just hope he's preparing me for the worst case scenario and it doesn't come to that. I'll definitely keep you posted.

This weekend is the annual Flag Day celebration in Hudson. Yep.. Flag Day is a big deal in these parts and I admit, I haven't taken part in the festivities in a while. J. has taken to calling it "drunk day in Hudson" and he's pretty much right. I have to remember to charge my camera because I can only imagine what some of these pictures are going to look like. It'll be a good time for sure and I'll do my best to post pictures when I crawl out from under my massive hangover on Sunday.

Anyway, I'm not used to this much physical activity in one day, so it's getting close to my bedtime. Again, I'll try to post as soon as I can but I hope everyone has a great night and/or week regardless!

No comments: