Friday, June 22, 2007

I didn't think it was possible, but

She forgot about me. That is why my seamstress wasn’t there. She forgot about me. She then called me yesterday around 1:30 to see when I wanted to reschedule. Um, you just admitted you forgot about me and you want me to reschedule with you? I think not! I ended up getting an appointment with another seamstress today. That went well (note the sarcasm). I think her exact words were “you are too fat to fit into this dress and now I have to do more work on it.” Ok, that’s a lie. She didn’t say that, but it sure did feel like it! She decided she’s going to take it out the little bit that she can because she’s nervous about just zipping me into it. I’m wondering how much that’ll cost me. Also, my “simple” hem apparently isn’t so simple. My bad. I’m beginning to think I should learn how to sew cause not only could I make some extra money, but I wouldn’t have to worry about shit like this! I’m going to pick up the dress after work on Tuesday so I can drop it off at the dry cleaners on Wednesday morning so it can be ready for Friday. I REALLY can’t wait until this wedding is over. It’ll be an awesome time no doubt, but I could sure use my life, time and money back!

J is on my shit list, and he knows it. We were supposed to get together tonight as we haven’t spent any real quality time together in quite a while. Well, apparently he forgot he made plans to go to this Bouncing Souls concert MONTHS ago and only remembered when his buddies left him messages last night while he was asleep. When he told me, I had to hang up because I was going to say some not nice things and I needed some time to cool down. I had opportunities of things to do, but I sat down and watched The Departed instead. What can I say? I’m trying to save a bit of money and this seemed like a good way to do so. It’s early though. I could still go out if I want to. Speaking of The Departed, I had almost forgotten what a great movie it is. J. got it for me on DVD when it came out in February but this is the first time I’ve watched it since we saw it in the theaters. I do adore the Boston accented Matt Damon, more than any other Matt Damon, I admit it!

I’ve also spent some time researching Graduate School programs. I’ve always wanted to get my Master’s but in my field, I don’t really need one. However, I’ve realized through my job that I have other interests that are kind of in the same field. I requested information on programs that include Community Counseling and Psychology (has a concentration in Forensics), Educational Psychology and Social Work. We’ll see what, if anything happens. It’s really expensive and I need to do a ton more research, but I’m curious. And to quote my mother, “I get bored really easily.”

Today had its ups and downs. It was my first half day at work and it went really well. The phones were quiet but I had plenty to do which was nice. After I got out of work, I went tanning. I had taken my jewelry off and left it in the car so I didn’t have weird lines. Well, when I went into the compartment in my car to get my watch and necklace, I dropped the necklace into a hole underneath my emergency brake. Only me. I blame J because I NEVER use my e-brake and that hole would not have been there if he hadn’t lifted it. Also, my car has been running kind of weird lately and that’s because the e-brake has been up slightly for god knows how long. Not so much that it registered on my dashboard, but enough to make the car run weird. Now it’s his responsibility to get it out of the car when he shows up tomorrow. It’s my FAVORITE silver necklace and my boss actually just got a kink out of it the other day that’s been there forever! But anyway, my car still passed inspection today when I bought it to Jiffy Lube (all by myself) and it only cost me $10.00! I didn’t have the balls to get an oil change by myself. I always get screwed by the guys at Jiffy Lube (and not in the good way) because I have no car knowledge. I keep asking J if he’ll take my car in or at least go with me, but he insists I need to learn how to say “NO.” I’m usually really good at it, unless it has something to do with something I don’t understand.. like my car.

Last night me, Tre and Fish went to the Moosehead for the first time in forever! It was completely dead which is so not normal but worked out really well for us. We were in and out of there in 45 minutes, which must be a record! Anyway, after that we went to the St. Charles for “one and done.” Well, drafts were two for one so I had to have two instead of one. It was the right thing to do. We WERE going home after that, but we saw our neighbor’s car at Melino’s and that meant my Dad was there (they umpired together last night) so after dropping off Fish, we stopped in for a drink. We ended up having two beers and two shots. So unnecessary! I came home and passed out a little after 10. I really didn’t feel bad today, but I did wake up at 4:30 and it took me forever to get back to sleep! Today on the phone J asked me if I went out drinking and I said “yes, but how did you know?” He says I have a drunk voice. I’m usually pretty good at keeping it under wraps when I’m in the bag so I was surprised he said that, but he’s probably right. I mean, how am I to know? I don’t drunk dial myself!

Well, my motivation has waned so I might just put in Raging Bull and call it a night. I still have the Godfather 2 but I don’t have the energy or time for that! And one more thing… Joe Girardi said “no” to the Oriole managing job. Apparently he’s holding out for something better and does not have the problem I have with saying no. Damn you Joe Girardi.I get it, you want to be close to your family and all, but I was really looking forward to having you turn the team around…. And bring some eye candy back to the bench! On to Dusty Baker!!!!! To add insult to injury (literally) Miguel Tejada has been put on the DL with a fractured wrist, ending the longest active consecutive games played streak at 1,152 games. Tejada’s streak was the fifth longest in the history of the game. He was hit by a pitch in Wednesday night’s game vs. San Diego. He did start Thursday’s game but was removed after one at bat. What’s even funnier to me is that the Orioles are now guaranteed to have a representative on the All Star team as their assistant athletic trainer was named to the AL All Star Team. We’ve got to get an all star somewhere! I’ll take it!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I'm sooo with you on needing to learn how to sew. Alterations on this last bridesmaid frock cost me $130.!!! There should be a LAW that the costs for alterations can not exceed 50% of the dress's suggested retail price. If you were to elect ME to congress, I would pass such a law...