Wednesday, September 27, 2006

There's no day like Project Runway Day

NOTE: I tried to post this last night but blogger and/or my computer was being a big pain in the ass and I was distracted by Project Runway and ITunes so it might not seem quite as relevant as it was when I was writing it. But hey, it's still news to you, right? Speaking of news... there is no decoy. ALL the designers are still in the running to win Project Runway. Damn you Heidi Klum for making me think Michael was the decoy. Damn you!!!

It’s been a crazy busy couple of days. I was at work until 7:00 last night and was back in at 8 this morning. I’m telling you, this getting up while it’s still dark is a crock! No wonder I can no longer force myself to go to the gym in the morning. It’s dark and cold. Two things I am not a fan of! Anyway, I had a closing up in our Johnstown office today and it went pretty smooth, which was quite a relief. I’ve been bitching about my lack of training but luckily it doesn’t show through when I’m out of the office! It makes sense to me so just let it go.

Where do we start? I was unable to watch Dancing with the Stars on Tuesday night, but I did catch parts of the results show tonight. The judges really ripped Mario and Joey new ones, didn’t they? I understand that there are rules and yes, they do need to abide by them. But come on! It’s a television show, not an international ballroom dancing competition. Cut them a little slack. Apparently we’re going boy-girl on the eliminations and tonight was no exception. The bottom two were Harry Hamlin and Jerry Springer and unfortunately, Harry Hamlin had to go home. I mean, you know it’s because he doesn’t have the fan base of Springer but I felt bad for him. He’s really been improving every week and I feel bad that he won’t have the chance to show that. Don’t get me wrong, I love Springer as much as the next guy, but the man can’t dance. He’s old and lacks rhythm and no one knows it better than him… except maybe his partner. Well, there’s always next week! Jaeda should have gotten booted from America's Next Top Model but instead it was my girl Meg. I really liked her but she was just dead in the face and that's what mattered. I adore the makeover episodes because all these girls do is bitch! Jaeda got this gorgeous, short Halle Berry haircut and she looked beautiful. She didn't see that but whatever. These girls are on the show for their bodies, not their brains which makes me love the show even more. Already can't wait till Monique and Melrose "bring it" next week. I hope someone kicks Monique in her weave. Bitch deserves it.

I had to miss the show because I was at a jewelry party at my mother’s house. The brand is Lia Sophia and they have great jewelry. I’m actually going to have a party of my own in November. The jewelry seems kind of expensive, but it’s really nice stuff and it’s totally different to see it at the party rather than in the catalog. There were quite a few necklaces I wouldn’t have looked twice at, but seeing them on someone completely changed my view of them.

I was out of the office today so I’m not up on my normal dose of celebrity gossip but I’ll do the best I can. Reverend Run and his wife lost their baby. Justine’s pregnancy was the climax of the whole season of “Run’s House” and it’s a shame to have this personal tragedy happen to a crazy, but pretty nice family. Speaking of babies, Howard K. Stern, Anna Nicole Smith’s “lawyer” (yes, I put that in parentheses cause I’m pretty sure he never went to law school and she just doesn’t know any better) stated on Larry King that he is the father of her child. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, a paparazzo, Larry Birkhead (I think that’s his name, don’t quote me) has consistently stated that he was the father of her baby. I’m really not sure which of these douchebags is the loser and winner in this situation. Paris Hilton has officially been charged with DUI in the “I only had one margarita” incident from early September. God knows it won’t make a difference but I still find it funny.

This morning I was on my way to work (earlier than normal, might I add) and some girl kept brake checking me. I know I tailgate a bit, but she was really being a bit out of control. I wasn’t even close to her yet she flipped me off. It’s 7:30 in the morning.. why are you fucking with me? So, as I continued to laugh at her childish behavior I flipped through my XM radio until I landed on the 80’s station. The song that was on was “Dancing in Heaven” by Q-Feel. An 80’s one hit wonder you ask? But of course! However, I think that song is infamous as the song being played when Sarah Jessica Parker gets her chance to wow the judges on Dance TV. I never knew who sang that song and I think it’s now imbedded in my brain forever. For those of you that I email on a regular basis, you know that I always have a movie quote at the end of my emails. So, I usually just go through IMDB.com alphabetically and pick movies I like or think are funny. As luck would have it, today was Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! I mean, is that a perfect way to start your day or what? I’m not about to bust out the leggings or anything, but I do love the 80’s.

OMG – Uli stole Nazri right out from under Michael. It MUST be the last challenge. I wish Michael had let some of the “angry black woman” in him come out and bitch slap the hell out of Uli. Nazri is his girl!!! The shit is about to hit the fan and I’m so damn happy that I didn’t miss this episode! Good god I love Project Runway. I’m pretty sure next week is the reunion episode. Talk about shit hitting the fan! Keith thinks it’s a conspiracy and apparently Bradley cleans up REAL nice. I don’t know why he was hiding under all that hair and stubble. (Thanks to projectrungay for this awesome pic of Bradley and Amanda (the talkative model)Someone got themselves to a gym and it was a great move on his part! Enough! I have to concentrate cause something is going down after the commercial and I can’t miss it.

No comments: