Thursday, September 28, 2006

Snippets


Cal Ripken has been named the “Hometown Hero” for the Baltimore Orioles. Apparently he eked out the win over Brooks Robinson, who I also would have not been upset with had he won. However, Cal is the man (albeit not mine… I’m already in a shitty mood, let’s not make it go any further!) so it’s only right that he win. He did bring fans back to baseball. I kind of wish he’d have a Michael Jordanesque return from retirement because maybe then actual Oriole fans would fill the seats, rather than the opposing teams fans. Cal was on Mike and Mike in the Morning and he declared that it really is OK for men to watch Oprah, as it certainly helps with the women in your life. We all know my disdain for all things Oprah so I beg to differ, but if Oprah can bring Cal closer to me then I will surely do whatever it takes. Make this little white girl’s dream come true Oprah!!! Come on.. even a red-blooded, heterosexual man would admit that Cal is a nice looking guy. The eyes alone would make any women (present company included) melt. His cover of GQ in the 90's was insane (and yes, I do still possess a copy, even though I did NOT laminate it like some would believe.

I found this online today: “The 10 Songs You Were Probably Conceived To” by Blender Magazine. Gross, but entertaining.

Sue deleted The Office from her DVR so I threatened her with bodily harm if she does it tonight. The reason I’m in my bad mood is because I’m going to miss half of Grey’s Anatomy while I’m on my way home from dance class (not to mention My Name is Earl and The Office - SAVE ME FROM THIS PLIGHT MID HUDSON CABLEVISION). She did keep My Name is Earl so I’ll be checking that out in roughly an hour or so. Anyway, tonight is a good night for TV and I’m kind of upset that I can’t catch Ugly Betty. That’s a tough time slot and not enough room on my DVR so I think it’ll be thrown by the wayside. ER looks to be pretty interesting with the return of Sally Field and John Stamos. Is it just me or does that man get better looking as he gets older? I think it was the loss of the “Uncle Jessie” mullet. That was the kicker. Anyway, we’ll get to see if Abby and Kovatch’s baby lives and if Abby makes it. I mean, seriously. How much trauma can one person go through. They sure have screwed with Abby’s life enough, don’t you think? Let something be easy! Still, I’ll be glued to the TV set if I can stay awake that long!

I was a little bored at work today (still coming down from the hype of the last two days) so I thought I’d throw in a post for those of you who I’ve neglected. You know who you are.

TGIF!!!!!!!!

No comments: