Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's been that kind of day....


As you can see from my earlier post, I’ve been a slight slacker this weekend. So, that must mean there’s lots to say, right? I guess you’ll have to wait and see!

I got my hair cut this weekend. Not just a regular haircut. I’m talking chop and color (and not the usual blonde highlights). I haven’t had a chance to take a picture of it as of yet (maybe later) but when I do, I will certainly post it for you curious fans. Let’s put it this way. It’s short, choppy and dark brown with auburn highlights. Granted, I’ve had short hair plenty of times in my life (and with the thinness of my hair, it’s probably when it looks healthiest) but this is way different from anything I’ve ever done. Everyone seems to like it (or they’re all filthy liars) and now that I’m getting used to it, I like it too. Certainly cuts a little time off my grooming in the morning, meaning more time to hit the snooze alarm or watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer on FX.

Prior to the haircut, I woke up with lips that can only be described as 3x the size of Angelina Jolie’s. If anyone saw last week’s Nip/Tuck, my lips looked like that of lobster lady, but not on purpose. I literally had to put ice on them to bring down the swelling and even that didn’t work. My lips blew up a few weeks ago too, but it was at night so by the time I woke up in the morning, all was well with the world. Considering I couldn’t avoid leaving my house, I drove to my parent’s house and my mom gave me Benadryl, which brought the swelling down a little bit more. So, she gave me another caplet for later in the day. The only thing strange that I had eaten was a burrito (with Mexican rice) and I took some Nyquil just prior to bed. So basically, it could be a red dye issue (there’s more to it than that, but I don’t feel like elaborating). If you’ve noticed, Benadryl is pink which more than likely means it has red dye in it. So, mom had to call and tell me not to take it and then she got me dye free Benadryl. She’s a good mom! My lips are so f’n chapped that I’m now putting Vaseline on them at all times. It’s working, but carrying around a small tub of Vaseline does elicit some weird stares. I don’t know if the chappedness has anything to do with the lip explosion, but it’s getting ridiculous.

J. met Mom and Dad this weekend. It went pretty well. He wore regular clothes and his only misstep was saying “I don’t really consider bowling and golf sports because you can get better at them the drunker you get.” I think I turned around and shot poison darts into his face. I don’t expect people to understand the whole bowling thing. I’ve spent the majority of my life defending bowling and I didn’t feel like I would have to do it with him. We had to stop talking about it on the way home because I was really pissed and didn’t want to fight about it. All my mom said was “he needs to read your letter.” The letter is a Letter to the Editor of the Register Star (local newspaper) that I wrote about 7 years ago when the local bowling alley was getting ready to be demolished for a Rite Aid. The reporter had basically written about “beer guzzling men with beer bellies” and I went off. I think I did it eloquently, but I still let her know the mistakes she made. I still have it somewhere, as do my parents. Anyway, we sat and chatted with my parents for about an hour and a half and they liked him. Mom thought he had “violent tendencies” but she kind of misunderstood his stories. He was trying to make conversation and she was being a mom! lol.. But, it worked out and that’s one bullet that’s been dodged. Gotta love that. He cooked me dinner Saturday night so I had to do the dishes. As we all know, I’m no culinary wonder so when he asked me what I wanted for a side dish and didn’t scoff at my request for instant four cheese mashed potatoes, I knew things were going well.

Speaking of bowling, I started on Friday night. My forearm is KILLING me. It’s really sore. Maybe I should have taken the ex up on his offer to go bowling and “get the dust off” before the season started. I did see him on Friday night and I’ll give him credit; he looked good. But we didn’t talk. Things are still too awkward. I didn’t really know what to say, nor did the opportunity arise where we were by ourselves. So, we texted a bit after bowling just to see who did better (he did, but not much). Wait till he sees the new hair.. Poor, poor man.. He doesn't stand a chance ;)

I had every intention of going to the gym last night. I had no plans with J. (although I did stop by his place on my way home from work) and I had even packed a bag that sat in my car. However, I haven’t been feeling good as of late and had the headache from hell. So, I called my cousin Chrissy instead and we went for a walk. It was nice to be outside and the weather is still pretty decent, even at night. Like I said earlier, it’s just too nice out to be in the gym. I’m going to have to be there all winter, so why start when it’s still nice enough to be outside? Maybe I’ll try to walk again tonight after I charge my Ipod. I don’t know what the deal is, but it looked like it had at least half a battery left but the low battery warning came on and it shut itself down. That’s what I get for trying to listen to 1300 songs! Now I’m on Launchcast Radio through Yahoo. I keep trying to go past songs cause I forget it’s not my Ipod. I can’t believe I’m listening to (and enjoying) an Adult Alternative station. Again… who bought the old lady?

I don’t pretend or claim to have any knowledge of football, but I do love me some Peyton Manning. So, it was great to see him beat his little brother on Sunday night. Granted, I didn’t see it as we had people over for the earlier football games and after a few insanely good strawberry daquiris (thanks for the blender Chad) I was asleep by 9:30. But, I did see parts of the game and heard about it the next day. I root for the Colts. I like Peyton and Tony Dungy. I think they’re kinda classy and they entertain me. So no, you won’t be getting any insightful posts about the Colts like you do about the O’s but I won’t ignore it either.

Yeah.. let’s talk about the O’s. WOW… I don’t know why I watch the games because the minute I turned it on, they shit the bed. David Hoey? Why are we bringing a kid up from frickin’ Delmarva with a lead? That he subsequently lost. And Fernando Tatis? If you’re not trained to be an outfielder, DON’T PLAY OUTFIELD!!! It wasn’t a can of corn, but a real outfielder would have caught that ball. So, in the span of one inning (and my only game watching of the night) the score went from 5-2 O’s to 8-5 Yanks (I think, I lost count). And oh yeah.. it also became official that we couldn’t win the division. Um… am I the only one who knew that about two months ago?

In other news, we (ok.. I) mourn the loss of Anna Nicole Smith’s son Daniel. He made a few appearances on her E! reality show and he actually seemed like a nice, normal kid. He died in the hospital where he was visiting his mother and her newborn daughter (the father’s name has not been released but I thought a few months ago it was said that it was a paparazzi). Rumor right now is that he died of a heart attack and there doesn’t look to be drugs, alcohol or foul play involved. What a way to celebrate the birth of one child with the loss of another. I mean, she’s not playing with a full deck as it is so there will more than likely be some pretty crazy breakdowns in her future. Granted, this one would be well deserved.
UPDATE: apparently Daniel died of unnatural causes and the toxicology report should be released on Thursday. Also, it seems Britney Spears has given birth to another boy and all that buying of pink stuff was just a ploy! Brangelina and Tomkat - lock up your daughters! Then again, there's a Spears/Federline for both since Sean P. turns a year old in a few short days.

Dancing with the Stars begins tonight and it looks like the odds-on winner is Mario Lopez of Saved by the Bell fame. I’m a fan of the bald men so I’m hoping Joey Lawrence shows us a little something something, if you know what I mean. Plus, I loved Blossom. Anyway, Mario showed us some sick dancing skills in a unitard on SBTB so I think he might have a little edge going in. Although, last year I though Stacie Kiebler was a shoe in so I’m not going to say anything just yet. It doesn’t really matter how good you are, just how popular. I’m going to try to get into it but I make no promises. I really like ballroom dancing and it’s amazing how their bodies and skills change as the show goes on. It’s kind of a guilty pleasure.. like Sandra and Celebrity Duets although I don’t feel as bad about my love for it!

Anyway, I’ve used up the Post it note and my available time so hopefully this was enough to keep everyone on pins and needles until my next post. Tomorrow is Project Runway Day. Make it work.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I think Anna Nicole's son was killed by a stingray. The press is just being guarded about this because they don't want to be a responsible for an even greater rise in stingray hate crimes than we've seen already this month.

Let the record show that I am NOT ashamed of my Celebrity Duets obsession. I just think my inability to stop yammering on about said show is strangling my blog.

And also, I didn't think anybody else could EVER make "Make it work" as adorable as Mr Tim Gunn does but...you's proved me wrong, darlin'!!!