Monday, September 25, 2006

I need a day off

It’s been a very busy couple of days, hence, the lack of blogging. Anyway, let me see if I can update you on the haps of the last few days.

Friday night my friend Danny and I went to see Kathy Griffin at the Palace Theater. It was absolutely hysterical! This is the first comedy show I’ve ever been to and it was far from a disappointment. I’ve seen her comedy specials on Bravo quite a few times but this was way beyond compare. She skewered celebrities like it was no one’s business with brand new material that I had never heard of before. Granted, it’s been a pretty good couple months for celebrity news so that was helpful! Anyway, I highly recommend seeing her if you ever get the opportunity. Even if you don’t think you’d like her, I can almost guarantee you’ll at least let out a hearty chuckle. Unless you were the guy next to me who didn’t even crack a smile. Looks like someone was dragged to the show by his wife. That was a rarity though. The majority of the audience was gay men with a handful of lesbians. Running a distant third were the straight women who bought some sort of straight man with them. Mine was Danny and he laughed just as hard as I did!

Saturday was spent shopping and getting my Ipod fixed (yay)/ Apparently I had just disconnected it too early and the Ipod had saved my songs in a different configuration. So, the nice boy at the Apple store reset it to the factory settings and all I had to do was put all my music back on. Luckily, it was all saved in ITunes so it didn’t take me all that long. I now have music again and that makes me a very happy girl. I like being able to skip what I don’t feel like listening to. Makes my day go by.

Thursday night I missed My Name is Earl and The Office. Don’t rub it in, I already feel bad about it. I did get the two minute Office Recap on nbc.com (pretty handy) and it looked pretty funny. Although, Jim has to come back. It’s not Dunder-Mifflin in Scranton without him. Sue DVR’d this week’s episodes for me and she’ll do next week’s too (Thanks Sue) because mine and Tre’s DVR won’t be up and running until Saturday. Just a matter of time, thank goodness. What I did NOT miss was Grey’s Anatomy and apparently I wasn’t the only one. Take that CSI! Grey’s was a great episode and I only hope they can keep it up for the rest of the season. I bought the first season on DVD and watched half of it yesterday as I did some side work. Reminded me of why I love the show so much, even though they backstabbed me by screwing with my Sunday night.

Tonight I watched the series premiere of Heroes. I really enjoyed it! I’m still not sure what Ali Larter’s super power is so I guess I’m going to have to continue to watch the show. It was pretty interesting and from the looks of the trailer for the season, it looks like it’s only going to get better. Watching Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip right now. I’m still not sure how I feel about it. I don’t hate it, but I can’t quite figure out if it’s something I’m going to be able to get into. Guess I should keep watching it so I can figure that out!

Ooh… Project Runway news: Apparently, Laura is accusing Jeffrey of outsourcing his sewing for his fashion line. Rumor is that when Tim Gunn went to see Jeffrey he was far from finishing his line. It miraculously was ready by the time of the runway shows. Apparently this is an issue that will be brought up in the finale. As if I wasn’t interested in the damn show enough as it was, now I can’t wait to see the finale and all the other shows leading up to it!

I’m kind of tired so this post probably isn’t quite as interesting as it could be. I’m in a slump, I guess. Speaking of slumps (what a segueway) Jay Gibbons, barely off the DL managed to hit a foul ball behind home plate and hit his own wife (who, by the way, is a beautiful woman. If you’ve seen Jay Gibbons, you can understand my shock and wonderment). I mean, what are the odds of that? The O’s just can’t catch a break. But at least the Yankees are the only AL East team to make it into postseason play. If there’s anything worse than Yankee fans, it’s gotta be Red Sox fans (at least since they FINALLY won the World Series).

Jewelry party at Mom’s tomorrow night and Law and Order: SVU. Now if only my day would go by quickly tomorrow it’ll be a perfect day. Oh yeah, and winning the lottery. That would help.

No comments: