Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Never a good way to start the day

I had to go to the dentist today. I haven’t been to the dentist in three years. I know, that’s a very bad thing and I will never do it again, but I was in school and I didn’t have insurance so it was one of those things that got thrown by the wayside. It was excruciating and I have learned my lesson. I think I might be the one that calls the dentist in six months instead of vice versa. Only one cavity though. Not bad for a three year hiatus.

I haven’t been home much in the past couple of days but I’ll try to recap the best I can. Monday night I saw Invincible with Mark Wahlberg. I really liked it. I never doubted him in the role and rooted for him even though you knew how it was going to turn out (SPOILER ALERT: He wins the game AND gets the girl). Anyway, I really enjoyed it even though I started the night in the wrong theater. J. and I were in the theater for Wicker Man instead which I didn’t realize until I saw the name “Nicolas Cage” on the screen. Oops. We were going to stay but I really wanted to see Invincible and there was no one in the theater, meaning they had turned the movie on just for us. I felt guilty, what can I say? As J. snored next to me, I tried to catch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. What I saw of it, I liked. The first 15 minutes were kind of slow, but it livened up. I wouldn’t say it lived up to all the hype it was given, but it wasn’t bad either! I thought Amanda Peet was very good! It’s a great role for her and I hope she gets the chance to really work it. Matthew Perry was good, but in the same vein as Chandler Bing. Maybe it’s just his comic timing, I don’t know. Regardless, I’d watch it again… until the next Real World/Road Rules challenge is on!

Just got done watching America’s Next Top Model. I missed the first hour but that’s just when they show everyone’s sob stories and then you feel bad when Tyra boots the recovering anorexic with a drug addicted mother in rehab. So, now they’re down to 13 girls, but only 11 beds. OUCH! Two of the girls will need to sleep on what they call bean bags, but what are really “love muffs.” We had possession of one in college and let me tell you, they were pretty comfy. Would I want to sleep on them every night? Hell no, but for a couple of days I’m sure it would get the job done. Anyway, I’m a big fan of AJ. She is not the norm in the looks department and she lacks confidence, but she takes one hell of a picture. There is a set of sister, Michelle and Amanda. I’m assuming they’re twins but since I didn’t see the beginning, I’m not 100% sure. They always have one girl who’s not conventionally pretty but this year they have two, because those girls are butt skanking ugly. I’m not a model, don’t get me wrong (as is evidenced by the picture I’m sure I’ll post) nor do I claim to be. But when I saw the “modeling” pics of these girls on the web site I still didn’t think they looked good. Guess that’s why I’m not in charge. Apparently I can’t see inner beauty! Anyway, looks like it’s going to be an interesting season considering some of these girls are already divalicious. Next week is the makeover episode and that’s always good for some drama. S;eaking of makeovers, check out the new hair. It's not the best picture, but it was the best I could salvage from the drunken shots of Sarah's party, some of which included me rolling on the ground (don't ask). Good times!

Why the FUCK is Project Runway a rerun? I was all ready to watch and they’re showing the episode from last week! What the hell? All I want to know is who the final 3 are. That’s all. Why is Heidi Klum screwing with me?

I heard the song “Dead Man’s Party” by Oingo Boingo on the radio this morning on my way to work. If you have any pop culture knowledge that song should remind you of the movie “Back to School.” What a great flick! I mean, Thornton Melon and the triple lindy!? Rodney Dangerfield at his very best and yet another “mean jock” role for Billy Zabka. What was the 80’s without Billy Zabka? Anyway, I was just wondering why I don’t own that movie on DVD but then I realized that it’s usually on TV at any given time between Comedy Central and Fox. Granted, it loses a bit in the basic cable translation, but you can still get the point.

My Ipod is dying. That does NOT make me a happy girl. How can I get through the day without music? I put the Ipod on shuffle and pressed play. When I did that, it continuously goes through all the songs on my Ipod, but doesn’t play any of them. This is so not good for me. I was doing a little research online today and found that my Ipod should have around 14 hours of battery life. I get about half that. Granted, I bought it about a year and a half ago, but it shouldn’t shit the bed that quickly. So, I guess I’ll be hitting up the Apple Store in the mall this weekend because I don’t know what else to do. If anyone has any Ipod knowledge, feel free to bring it my way. Right now I’m trying to run down the battery to see if it was just a glitch, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t.

I was perusing Sandra’s blog and saw she was having trouble thinking of a Halloween costume. I, too am having that problem. Halloween is big in my office and (if I make it that long) I really need a good costume. All I can think of is a flapper and Cleopatra. A few years ago I was the Roy Horn to my sister’s Montecore (the tiger that mauled Roy) and last year I was Carrie. Great costume, but not very comfortable, what with the blood and all. So, this year I thought “maybe I’ll be pretty.” Every costume I come up with has me being the manly half of a duo. I can’t win. So, if anyone has any good ideas, let me know!

Today is a special day for two reasons. One: today we celebrate the birth of Matthew and Gunnar Nelson. I LOVED Nelson. Had them laminated on my trapper keeper when I was in school. I just recently downloaded “Love and Affection” and jam to it every chance I get (well, when my Ipod will let me). Reason No. 2: VERY special thanks to Rob for getting the Brian Roberts and Melvin Mora Celebration Bobbleheads from Oriole Park. They came today and I had to take a picture so everyone could see them. Absolutely priceless!!! Today was yet another shitty day at work (I finally had to treat bitchiness with bitchiness) and those bobbleheads sure brightened my day when I got home. So, Rob – you’re the best and I owe you one!!!

Tomorrow night is the return of Grey’s Anatomy (although I’m still very unhappy about the move to Thursdays) and the Thursday night lineup on NBC. I have dance class so I won’t be able to catch The Office and My Name is Earl, but I hope to see E/R. We’re not going to be able to get the DVR up and running until September 30th so I’m really going to have to suffer for the next week or so. What I’m saying is, take it easy on me. I’m ridiculously bitter that I won’t know what’s going on with the Jim/Pam romance (we all know the soft spot in my heart that I have for Jim) so if someone is great at recaps, let me know! Anyway, hope everyone’s having a great week and I’ll probably be back with more on Friday.

No comments: