Thursday, September 21, 2006

Neglect

I was in the middle of watching TV while I was posting last night and trying to get in my every thought, so some things got thrown by the wayside. I plan to remedy that as we speak.

Shanna Moakler was the latest victim on Dancing with the Stars. Like the poor girl isn't going through enough! Now the public has to boot her off the one thing that gets her out of bed in the morning, because if you've seen "Meet the Barkers" you know that even her kids and husband couldn't get her out of bed before 3 pm. Willa Ford was also in the bottom 2 and I have to admit that I feel sorry for her. She has been doing really well, but doesn't have the fan base the others have. They really should even out the contestants in terms of popularity. She'll probably be gone next week. I feel bad because you can tell she really wants to succeed but her 15 minutes just didn't last long enough for the fans to remember her. If she does well, I'll vote for her next week. Ya know, throw a dog a bone. OOH.. and in DWTS gossip, it seems Mario Lopez (when not showing his ass on Nip/Tuck, WHICH I missed because SVU started again) is dating his partner, Karina Smirnoff. Perhaps they'll be the next Lloyd Eisler and Kristy Swanson - minus the infidelity and impregnation. AC Slater already crossed that bridge.

Lacey came back from Hawaii this past week and bought me back these Big Island Candies. Well, they're actually cookies, Big Island Candies is the brand. Anyway, they are Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Shortbreaad Cookies dipped in caramel and chocolate. They are literally, a slice of heaven and I may eat the entire bag by myself today and NOT feel bad about it. Ok, that's a lie. I WILL feel bad about it, but I'll do it anyway.

Finally, for the 9th straight year the Yanks clinched the AL East with a loss to Toronto. Gotta love baseball! I'm so sick of the monotony but there' s not much I can do about it. Although, it seems there's going to be an entertaining protest at Oriole Park today. If I recall correctly, a local radio guy (who's uncle happens to be Hall of Famer Luis Aparicio) is staging a walk out to "free the birds" from the grips of Peter Angelos. Will it do anything? Probably not. Angelos is an asshole. But will it get attention? Absolutely! I can't wait to see if they show the minions leaving the park all at once. It'll be priceless and I wish I could be there and be a part of it. They're leaving the park at 5:08 (5 for Brooks, 8 for Cal). I will still be at work but I will be thinking about it, that's for sure!

It's almost Friday kids... Buck up little campers!

No comments: