Monday, September 18, 2006

I woke up thinking today was Friday

What a cruel, cruel way to begin the week. I think we should only work on the weekends and have the rest of the week to do whatever it is we want. Don’t you think the world would be a much better place? I sure do.

Today is the day the entire firm realized I was here. All at once. That’s not necessarily a good thing. I was busy today, but tomorrow is another day. Hopefully they’ll take notice at a little slower pace tomorrow!

The weekend was good. I bowled like shit on Friday night. Still trying to get my bearings I guess. That, and we bowled at a really quick pace so I think I was thrown off a little bit. I went to the grocery store on the way home and talked to J., who wasn’t going to make it to my house in time to catch a movie. No biggie… Instead I made brownies to take to Sarah’s party and I watched Kill Bill while he slept. I really like Quentin Tarantino and the Kill Bills are high on my list. I managed to watch the second one last night but fell asleep before the five finger heart exploding technique. Damn me and my need for eight solid hours of sleep! Anyway, J. had a long day so I let it slide this time, but he better not make it a habit! I got up and organized the house a bit on Saturday and made homemade macaroni and cheese to take to Sarah’s. It is the only thing I can make so I get really into it. It was quite good (or people were blowing smoke up my ass, either one is fine with me) and my friend Tara accused me of having my mom make it instead of me. Not so! Anyway, in between all this, I watched Shopgirl with Steve Martin and Claire Danes. It was pretty good. I never thought there’d be a way for me to have such disdain for Steve Martin, but I did. I guess that means he played his role well…. like it was written just for him… Hmmmm….. ;) (For those of you out of the loop, Shopgirl is based on a novella written by (wait for it) Steve Martin!) Anyway, I do recommend it for those of you romantics out there. I don’t normally like Jason Schwartzmann but he kind of grows on you in this movie.

Sarah’s party was fun. If there were any pictures where I didn’t look hammered, I’d post them. Ok, there might be one but that’s it. I’ll try to put some up at some point this week. Anyway, it was a good time at Sarah’s. We played Texas Hold ‘Em. I suck. I’m getting better, but I still suck. I guess practice makes perfect but I really don’t want to practice with money. I mean, I know I’m bad so why would I risk losing money against people that really know hwo to play? Silly, I say! After consuming COUNTLESS Jell-O shots, we played beer pong. The boys kept running the table, but we made a run for it and I was the Queen of the retaliation shot! To no avail, of course, but it sounds great, am I right? Anyway, Danny drove us home and I got to sleep in my own bed… Yeah.. that was around midnight. I know, I’m a lightweight lately. Anyway, I woke up at 5 am in nothing but the shirt I had worn to the party. Apparently I got home, took my pants off and crawled into bed. The bathroom is right next to my bedroom so I didn’t think it was necessary to put pants on until about 9 am when I went downstairs for a glass of water. Yep… good party.

Sunday I went to see Seussical the Musical at Columbia High School. My mom’s friend’s son was in it as part of this summer theater camp. It was a really great production. The costumes were impressive, as were the kids. I had no idea what to expect and it was a really good show. Later on that night, Tre and I went to see The Black Dahlia. I had been really looking forward to it but once I saw it, I was kind of indifferent to it. There were parts I just didn’t understand and the movie really had little to do with the killing of “the black dahlia.” I don’t really find any talent in Josh Hartnett so that might have put a bad taste in my mouth too. Scarlett Johannson is gorgeous and has more talent in her little finger than he does in his whole body. I’m starting to really appreciate her as an actress. She’s sexy, but not slutty. Hilary Swank was slutalicious in this movie, though. Wow.. I learned a lot from this movie in all honesty. I guess lesbianism wasn’t sexy to men in the 40’s cause it was a BIG deal that Hil had dabbled in the Sapphic arts. In this day and age, most men are thrilled by it, not turned off. Who’dve thunk? The movie wasn’t terrible. Just slightly hard to follow at times.

And that brings us to today. Might be hitting up the movies again tonight (WITH popcorn, unlike my already full belly last night) but we’ll see what happens and if J. has to cover for his moronic roomie again regarding his dog. On Friday I left the dog out of the cage because well, I couldn’t get it to go in and I figured he’d only be out for a half hour or so before J. got home from work. Yeah.. by the time J. came home he had turned the whole house upside down (except for J’s roommate’s room). Not good.. When J. talked to his roomie he just assumed I would put the dog in the cage without ever asking me to do it or talking to me about it. So, needless to say, he’s not high on either one of our lists right now.

Ok, enough venting. It’s Monday and tonight is the series premiere of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I’m going to try and watch it but it depends on what time I make it to the movies so I’ll do my best. Other than that, new shows should be starting all this week. I am anxiously awaiting my new Wednesday night of America’s Next Top Model paired with Project Runway. It’s a match made in fashion heaven, even if it’s only for a few more weeks. Enjoy the rest of your Monday and I’ll update you tomorrow!

No comments: