Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Long weekends can make for long (short) work weeks

So, it’s Tuesday but felt like Monday. I guess that’s better than Monday feeling like Tuesday because then you still have four days left of the week. I, on the other hand, only have three. Yay me (and the majority of the rest of the world). Let’s update, shall we?

Spaceballs. FINALLY saw it and it was hysterical! I was right in that J. quoted most of the movie, but he didn’t do all of them out loud so there was still an element of surprise to it. I put other Mel Brooks movies on my Netflix so I’ll keep you posted. I also watched Donnie Darko. Interesting. I liked it, but I’m not really sure why. It was… strange. But I think in a good way. Maybe I should watch it again.

I spent hours upon hours putting my old CD’s onto ITunes this weekend so I could finally update my ipod. I admit, I was pleasantly surprised by some songs that popped up today. I now have over 1300 songs on my ipod. Now, if only I could figure out how to make a playlist AND shuffle it without having to do it myself I’d be a very happy girl. But still, mission accomplished! I also did something else that was on my to-do list for a few weeks and that was order pictures off Shutterfly.com. If you don’t have it, you should really give it a shot for sharing your pictures online. When you do want to buy the prints they’re only $.20 apiece for a 4 x 6. I got four albums worth for $30.00. Good deal. I just really like having the actual prints of pictures. I mean, I know we’re in a modern day and age and everyone sends things electronically but someday I’d like to show people real pictures!

The Chatham Fair beer tent was entertaining as always. We went on Saturday AND Sunday night. Saturday night, my friend Chad’s father’s band played. We had a good time watching people dance and listening to some good tunes. Sunday night there was a DJ and there is nothing like watching white trash grind on each other. It’s kind of like a car wreck… You don’t want to see but you can’t force your eyes to look away. You all know what I’m talking about! I got some great pictures (some of which I posted yesterday) and I got my annual corn dog. It was the perfect blend of corn and dog and I even persuaded Sarah to try one. Also got gravy fries, one of the greatest invention known to man (and woman). We’ll be back next year so my cousin Chrissy and I can fake conversations over the dull roar of the tractor pull. God I love living in the country.

I had dinner with J., his brother, his brother’s wife and his roomie on Friday night. Yep… met some of the family. His brother was very nice and entertaining. His sister in law was not overly nice, but she wasn’t outright mean to me either. Apparently she’s not a huge fan of J. so I’m already guilty by association. Perhaps it was that 23 oz beer I ordered the minute I sat down to dinner. Hell, I’d had long day of nothing and nothing cures that like a 23 oz Miller Lite. Funniest thing was that his brother wanted to go bowling after dinner. Now, for those of you who know me, you know I’ve been bowling since I was 5. I can’t just “go bowling.” So, luckily, my father was on his way over to my house right after I found this out and he bought my bowling balls with him and I subsequently put them in J’s car, just in case. We decided to just play some darts (J and I beat his brother and roomie) which worked out so much better for me. I don’t know… it’s just weird to go bowling with people who don’t know how. I can’t really come up with a great analogy for the situation without making it sound like I’m “professional” but hopefully you get the idea. My ball has grips and it’s mine. I like my shoes. I’ve had them for at least 15 years. I’m not about to use a house ball and shoes hundreds of people have worn before me. It’s not my thing. Yes, ladies and gentlemen: I am a bowling snob!

OOH… finally saw the missing episode of Project Runway. Jeffrey is a classic douchebag and I hope he gets booted in the very near future. As much as I didn’t like Angela and her rosette filled concoctions, I really wanted her to be able to see Jeffrey walk away before her. So yeah, Angela got booted what seemed like mere minutes after arriving in Paris. Now THAT sucks! Also, what was up with the zipper on Jeffrey’s pants? I can’t believe he won because Michael clearly had a better outfit and it traveled very well. I’m curious to see what they do with these people in gay Paris. And another thing, in this day and age is it even possible to buy people plane tickets (especially someone you’re not related to) with no destination on them and all that jazz? I’d be shocked but hey.. it’s TV! So anyway, this is who we have left: Vincent (again, why?) Kayne (better step it up) Laura (Snarky McBitch) Jeffrey (Supposed Former Crack Junkie) Michael (I have nothing to say, he deserves to be there and he’s a nice guy) and Uli (again… love her. Think they’re going to challenge her in the near future because she has gotten away with doing similar designs each challenge). So, if all goes the way it should, my top 3 would be:

Laura - as much as her attitude and her collarbones get on my nerves, she’s really done a pretty good job thus far;
Michael - he’s made some amazing outfits and I’d love to see what he would do with a whole collection; and
Uli - her lack of fear in using color and her personality are tops with me. Plus, I hate Jeffrey and am kind of indifferent on crazy Vincent and Kayne.

Only a few more weeks left! I hope to catch the season premiere of Nip/Tuck tonight. There are LOTS of celebrity cameos coming up and some of them even include nudity. That Mario Lopez sure is broadening his resume with this guest spot and Dancing with the Stars. I mean, look what it did for Kelly Monaco!! Um.. who? Yeah… After I wrote that I was thinking the same thing.

In great Oriole news, Nick Markakis was named the AL Rookie of the Month for August. It’s an incredibly well deserved honor and congratulations go out to Nick. I would be more than happy to personally deliver that trophy to him… in his hotel room…. wearing nothing but a rain coat and heels.. Oh shoot! Did I say that out loud? Anyway, in news about other O’s that hold a soft spot in my heart, I’m almost positive that tomorrow is the anniversary of a very special day in O’s history. Correct me if I’m wrong, but September 6th (1995) should be at the tops of everyone’s list if you’re an O’s fan. If you’re not, then you don’t get it and I really can’t waste my time dealing with your ignorance right now. Let’s just put it this way: Cal is and always will be “the man.” Nothing anyone says (ever) can change my mind, so don’t waste your breath.

Happy short work week and I’ll catch ya later.

No comments: