Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I think I found a new career...

I’m going to quit my job and start a Counting Crows cover band. I sound JUST like Adam Duritz when I’m singing along in my car so I might as well capitalize on that talent. If you can’t tell, work has been extremely frustrating as of late. I’m not the type that is OK with being mediocre at something. I was really good at my last job and I really enjoyed it, but I also needed to make more money. That is the only reason I took my current job. The money was too much for me to turn down, yet apparently I’m still underpaid for my profession (which makes me feel better about living paycheck to paycheck as I have been lately). When I came into this position it was a really busy time so no one really had time to train me. Now when I’m getting work thrown at me (which has been a rarity, hence all my free time to blog) I feel stupid because I don’t know what I’m doing and they expect me to know. Well, perhaps if someone had trained me in what to do I’d know what the hell I’m doing! It’s very frustrating and I feel like I’ve voiced my concern, but I don’t think it’s been enough. I’m struggling to find work that will keep me off TMZ.com and other such sites all day. I mean, I love my gossip and internet searching but I’d really like to not be bored all god damn day. I know most people would love not having anything to do at work but I am not that girl. The day has to go by somehow and it’s not going by very quickly here. Ok, on to another soapbox.

I referenced this letter in my blog yesterday and my mother happened to find it and send it to me so I thought I’d post it so you all can see where I’m coming from. I think that if you click on it, you can see a bigger version which should make it a hell of a lot easier to read.

As you may have noticed, I wasn’t in the best of moods yesterday. My sister decided a way to cheer me up would be to go to dinner at the St. Charles, where we had gift certificates to burn. Danny, Tre and I strolled into the dining room around 6:50 and there was one other table so we figured we’d be out in time to watch House (only because I had forgotten that Dancing with the Stars was starting - more on that in a bit). Wow, were we wrong (hee hee.. a whole sentence starting with “W.” It’s the little things). First of all, I needed to get the bar menu because there was no way I was going to eat anything on their new menu. Well, I would have had the chicken but they were out of it. Well, not out of it since it never came in. They also had a new price fixed menu where for $15.99 you could get an appetizer (choice of three), and entrée (choice of three) and a dessert. That would have been great, but of the three entrées they only had one and were doing no substitutions. Is that not the dumbest thing you’ve ever heard. If you don’t have 2/3 of the menu then you shouldn’t start that special on that particular night. I mean, they’ve been open with the new owners for a good couple of months so they should know their delivery schedule by now. Then, Danny ordered the penne pasta to which the waitress replied “Ok, but the pasta is linguini, is that ok?” Um…. No! Unreal. Danny then orders a wild mushroom bisque which came to the table lukewarm and took forever to get there. It was just a bad experience. Like I said before, there was only one other table in the entire restaurant and I ordered a burger and mozzarella sticks, so God knows there was no reason for us to be there for almost two hours. Thank god I had a gift certificate because I might have flipped my shit if I’d had to pay for that meal (well, if I’d ordered like Tre and Danny did because my dinner was fine - just took forever). I almost forgot, I ordered a Miller Lite and was given a Michelob Light. Twice. I don’t think I was speaking with marbles in my mouth but that happens to me all the time. It’s not that I don’t like Mich Light, but I really wanted Miller Lite. It just wasn’t worth sending it back because I had no idea if/when I would actually get my drink. I will say one thing though. The fried cheesecake smelled fabulous! I couldn’t have shoved one more thing down my throat so I didn’t get it, but Danny got it to go. Yes… I was seething with jealousy and that would be the only reason I would go back there for a meal. So yeah… yesterday was a great day!

Let’s get down to business, shall we? Dancing with the Stars began last night. I missed the first six couples so I can only attribute my posting to the short recap, so we’ll start with what I did see. I got a brief look at Emmitt Smith and he did really well. I think he’ll be a fan favorite and who doesn’t love to see a big, lumbering guy kick it on the dance floor? He had one of the highest scores of the night. Willa Ford was pretty good. You can tell she has some dancing ability but I think she’ll be hurt by the fan factor because she might be too much of a has been for the show. Then again, Harry Hamlin’s on and what was the last thing he did? Oh yeah, cheer on his wife. NOW I get it. Speaking of Harry, he did pretty well but he was very stiff. If he loosens up (which is what all the judges said) he has a shot of doing well. Lisa Rinna went pretty far last year so if he can take her fan base he might have a good shot at the Top 5. As expected, Mario Lopez was phenomenal. The man can move and it looks completely effortless for him. With his dancing ability, he should win. I don’t know how he’ll do with the popularity vote. Granted, soap opera fans pushed Kelly Monaco to the win (well.. one of them) so he might stand a chance, regardless of his quickie divorce due to supposed infidelity at the bachelor party. Yep, people remember things like that and hold it against you. Something to think about. Vivica A. Fox was really good and I hope she gives the younger girls a run for their money. Shanna Moakler was ok. The judges didn’t like her. I believe she was in the bottom 3. Again, be careful of what that bad press will do for you. Also in the bottom 3 was Jerry Springer but I have to give him credit. He REALLY tried! He looked petrified but it seemed like he was having a good time and just needs to feel more comfortable in his own skin. I think those were all the ones that I saw. As for the recaps: Joey Lawrence looked good. I’m not sure I liked the cut off sleeves of his outfit, but I think this one will come down to the heartthrobs: Joey (call me Joe) and Mario (don’t call me Slater). If anyone has to go tonight it should be Tucker Carlson. I don’t pretend to know much about politics (or even who he is and what he does) but it was just painful to watch. The judges agreed. I don’t think there’s any chance of this guy getting better as the show goes on so just cut him loose while you can. Apparently Sara Evans is also in the bottom but from what I saw, she didn’t look too bad. Maybe she fell on her face or something and they didn’t show that. I guess some girl from High School Musical named Monique did well. I mean, if she was in a musical it’s a pretty good bet she’s got some sort of dancing ability so she’ll probably be OK. She was the only one that I didn’t know by first name alone. Hmm.. I don’t think I’m missing anyone but I was so beat last night that I can’t be sure. Results show is on tonight so we’ll see if I’m dead on with my prediction of Tucker Carlson going home tonight.

Dancing with the Stars results show; Project Runway day. Wow.. what a hump day. Hump ‘em while you’ve still got ‘em.

No comments: