Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm batting a thousand!

Well, I called it. Tucker Carlson went home on Dancing with the Stars and I don’t think anyone deserved to go home more than he did. It was painful to watch. I understand that it’s hard to learn ballroom dance, and probably even harder for men, but that was excruciating. I’m looking forward to see who bites the big one next week. I didn’t see who was in the bottom with Tucker (did it really matter) so I’m curious to see who steps it up and who trips (I’m talking to you, Springer!).

I did not see all of Project Runway. I know, I’m upset too but I’m sure I’ll manage to see some of it this weekend. Anyway, I was trying to educate J. as to the phenomenon we call “Swingers” (the movie kids, not the sexual act) and he subsequently fell asleep a half hour in. Granted, the beginning of the movie is not the high point but I have a feeling if it were the Skinemax version, he’d have found a reason to stay awake. So, I stole the remote control right out from underneath him and was able to watch the last 20 minutes of Project Runway. Imagine my surprise when the first model I see go down the catwalk has the name “Vincent Libretti” on the screen. Um, what? I think I screamed “what do you mean, a fucking repeat?” even though I knew I had never seen that dress before. Luckily, J. only stirred briefly after my outburst so my stealth watching continued. I finally learned that because Angela and Vincent had both won challenges (as did Keith, but he was ineligible) they were allowed to come back for this challenge. However, they would have to win the challenge in order to stay. All or nothing basically. The challenge was to make a black and white dress and they had to use every last inch of their fabric. To make a long story short, Laura finally came out with a win, although I believe Michael’s dress was better. That Nazri sure knows how to work it. He got so lucky when she picked him for the style icon challenge cause they are a phenomenal match. Laura does not have immunity but it was nice to see her do something that was outside of her comfort zone, especially this late in the game. Her dress was really youthful and pretty and Michael was the only one that came close to standing a chance with her. Uli was in but she’s really going to need to show the judges something different next week because they finally pointed out that she is a bit of a one trick pony. Not good. The final two were Kayne and Jeffrey. Jeffrey’s dress was just… ugly! I get it, you’re rock and roll but a cocktail party dress does NOT show your hoo-ha or have ugly thigh high leggings to wear with it. It just doesn’t. Kayne’s dress was actually quite pretty, but the theme as black and white and there was literally one strip of white. The back was heinous and that is why our little friend Kayne had to go home. I’m disappointed. I mean, I never thought he’d make it to the end but he’s entertaining as all hell and I like watching him. Yes, he has “Vegas tendencies” and is a little lacking in the taste department at times, but he’s a stand up guy and I hope for only great things for him afterwards. With that being said, now I have to pray to God that my final three stay intact because if Jeffrey gets a show at Fashion Week I’m going to flip. I know he’s the Santino of this season, but I had a soft spot for Santino, even if it was just for his Tim Gunn impression.(Oh, how I wish I could go to Red Lobster with him and Andrae, and I don’t even like fish!) Jeffrey is way too much of a douchebag for me to feel bad for. Not even when he cried when Robert went home did I feel like he had a heart. He reminds me of the Grinch and that is NOT a good thing. Anyway, looking forward to the drama of next week and then hopefully a knock down drag out reunion special. I just want to see what Keith will say to Kayne and what everyone will say to “Mean Mommy” when they hear what she said behind their backs!

Tonight I start a tap class that is being taught by one of the women I used to dance with. I had to borrow my cousin’s tap shoes because mine are.. well.. lost in the abyss of moving. I know they’re somewhere. Where that somewhere is, I haven’t a clue! I’m sure they’ll turn up but for now I’ll have to break Lindsey’s in. Thank god she’s at college! Anyway, I’m looking forward to it but I’m curious to see what it’s like. I’ve never danced anywhere but my old dance studio so it’s going to be a little surreal. At least some of my girls will be there. I haven’t decided if I’m going to perform or not. Sounds silly, because I’m completely at home when dancing on stage but I don’t want to be the only one of my group to do it. I guess I’ll have to feel it out a bit before I make my decision… and start Weight Watchers again. J

Speaking of which, this week was supposed to be my “get back in shape and eat better” week. Didn’t happen. Case in point: I had a slice of vanilla bean cheesecake from the cheesecake factory for lunch. Yep… that’s all I had. I think my teeth are rotting out of my head just from thinking about it. It was phenomenal, don’t get me wrong. I savored every bite. Then my co-worker sent me the nutritional information and I wanted to pull a Jamie Lynn Sigler (AWW.. that was mean - I could never be bulimic… puking makes me cry). I’m not even going to tell you the calorie count because you wouldn’t believe me if I told you. Anyway, they opened a Cheesecake Factory in Colonie Center and I’ve heard the food is really good. It was a freaking madhouse when I went in there today. All I wanted was to get my parents a gift card for their anniversary tomorrow AND two slices of cheesecake. It was a clusterfuck of epic proportions. The wait time was at least an hour and a half and that was for lunch… during the week. It’s insane. I think I’ll wait a few months before I try to get in there!

I also got some good news yesterday. The office mate of the attorney I used to work for called me. She has been swamped with work and asked if I wanted to make some extra money by drafting some documents and such for her. I’m very excited about it because it’s extra money, it’s completely in my comfort zone and she has a program that will allow me to work from home. That’s a bonus because I really don’t want to see my ex-boss. I left on good terms with him (so I thought) but then he said some things after I left that were derogatory to my performance and hurtful to me so I’d like to avoid that as best I can. What can I say? I hold grudges and am not so good at forgiveness. Typical Leo, I’m sure!

Hopefully I’ll be able to update you on some things tomorrow. O’s won last night against the Red Sox and hopefully they’ll pull it out again tonight. I’m not getting my hopes up, but it’d be nice. I’ll also try to update you on some of the week’s gossip that I haven’t been able to get to since I went on a Project Runway tangent! I couldn’t be happier that tomorrow is Friday, could you?

1 comment:

Norma said...

I missed all those shows--well, didn't really miss them since the Dancing is the only one I like to follow. Thanks for the update.