Sunday, July 12, 2009

Just got back from running the Boilermaker race out in Utica, this weekend. I'll admit, it started off a little sketchy (HEAVY rain and an organizational clusterfuck thanks to that rain), but it went much better than planned. I shaved another minute off my 5K time and everyone survived the 15K. It was a beautiful day to run and it was actually kind of fun (and mostly downhill during my part, thank God!!). The spectators were like nothing I've ever seen before and once we got our first beer, the after party was worth it as well. To round out the weekend we went to Red Robin (some of us for the first time) and OH MY GOD I don't know if I've ever had such a great burger. Granted, we hadn't eaten anything substantial in approximately 17 hours, but it was still amazing!
The finish line... the greatest site I think I've ever seen!!!
All the girls... next time we do a "girls weekend" we aren't sure running should be involved.. Drinking yes... running.. NO! Still.. good time had by all..

Nikki and I enjoying some well earned beers at the after party


I'm beat, but quickly, let's discuss So You Think You Can Dance.. I'm not mad at the results this week. As much as Philip is really good at what he does, he's not so great at anything else, so it's really only fair for him to go and you KNEW there was no way he wouldn't be on tour regardless. As for Kaitlin, she just never thrilled me like she did during auditions, especially when Jeanine has showed so much promise and Melissa had never been in the bottom. I can not WAIT until they have to dance with new partners this week!!

Ok.. I'm exhausted and have a wicked headache so I'm cutting this one short. Hope everyone had a great weekend and I'll get back to you when I can. In other words, don't expect too much this week. I have ball games three out of five days and with Nytropalooza coming up this weekend, my time can be better spent on other preparatory things!! But if it's any consolation, I think it might finally be summer.....

No comments: