Sunday, July 05, 2009

Hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July festivities!

I started off my long weekend by heading to Six Flags New England with the girls. We hit the big rides first, which means my stomach was NOT feeling so hot afterwards. I made it through all the big rides and had a blast, but I sure did waste money on lunch, cause I really couldn't eat it. It downpoured as we were eating lunch (convenient) and we then got soaked on a flume ride, so we might as well have just stood out in hte rain instead. Same effect.. We all won super hero capes (mine is purple batman cape) and they came in handy as umbrellas when the rain tried to come again later in the day. And yes, we were the over 30 year olds wearing capes around the park. I mean, we weren't gonna see those people ever again, what did we care, right?! Anyway, it was a fun, but extremely tiring day and I think we were all ready to pass out on the ride home. When I got home I stayed awake long enough to watch Transformers (the first one) and then hit the hay, even though I found out this guy I've ADORED for years was out that night. Not even THAT could have gotten me out of bed, so what does that tell you!?

Thursday night was interesting.. I went to J's sister's house for dinner. I had to pick up something I ordered from her and so she ordered pizza and we hung out for a few hours. I was kind of.... unsure about it. I mean, she's his sister, so obviously I'm the bad guy, but considering she mentioned dinner, perhaps she knows he's a dink and that's just life :). I was waiting for her to address the elephant in the room, since she's usually a pretty direct person, but she never did. I certainly didn't, as I didn't really think it was my place. Regardless, it was nice to see the whole family. His niece is even funnier than she was before and it was fun to catch up with his sister and brother in law. However, I'm very curious to know if he knows that went down. I have a feeling I'll never know, much like our break up! lol..

I caught "Dance Your Ass Off" on Oxygen the other day and while it's no So You Think You Can Dance, it was pretty entertaining. That, and I felt like such a loser by watching it while laying on the couch that I hopped on the treadmill to watch instead. It was entertaining. I doubt it'll be event TV for me, but I'll definitely try to catch it, as I already have favorites..

As far as So You Think You Can Dance goes, I could not have been happier with Vitolio's ousting this week. I don't know why, but he never grew on me and I found him to be a little cocky and annoying. He'd been in the bottom too many times not to go, but I wasn't sure what would happen. I was a little concerned for my girl Kayla, as her solo was far from great and if she had been in the bottom before, I think she would have gone instead of Karla. I honestly didn't want to see any of the girls go, but (as Cat Deeley would say) "that's why I hate Thursdays!" We're already down to the top 6 couples, and Nigel finally announced the secret (or non-secret) that will be Katie Holmes' performance on the show on July 23rd, SYTYCD's 100th episode.

I'm kind of embarrassed, yet still excited by this.

Apparently sometimes that whole "when one door closes, another will open" adage really rings true.

This afternoon I have my first softball game with a new team. I'm curious to see how it goes. Apparently our team isn't so good, which doesn't bother me all that much, even though I sure do love to win. I just don't want to not play well. I'm forcing my sister to hit me some grounders and fly balls before the game so I don't go in cold. I haven't done anything but catch in co-ed the last two years, so I'm a little out of practice at other positions. Also, there's a "coach" who I have a feeling thinks more highly of himself and his coaching ability then he should. Luckily there is a 2 inning minimum play rule (ya know, like tee ball) so he can't bench me the whole time! So yeah.. hopefully I play well, cause I really hate showing up for nothing, especially when I know I'm as good as, if not better than most of the other players.

Well, it's a lazy Sunday, so I need to finish my laundry and practice my skills! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend. Don't count on a post tomorrow.. ball game in Nassau to contend with.

No comments: