Monday, July 27, 2009

The blog should have just gone on summer vacation, cause then I wouldn't feel so bad about not having the time to post.

My co-worker and I are taking over the job of a woman who's retiring (on Friday) so between our normal duties and training, free time is certainly a rarity!

It must have been one of those weekends for pseudo celebrity breakups, huh!?

So You Think You Can Dance had it's 100th episode last week, along with the highly touted performance by Katie Holmes. I'm not saying it was bad, but I don't know what people expected. She was adequate and did it for charity. Nothing wrong with that! Anyway, Janette and Jason were eliminated, and it made me realize how much I don't want anyone to go anymore! I genuinely like all of the contestants and they're all so good that they really have to completely shit the bed for me to think they should leave. Janette had NEVER had a bad dance, so I felt really bad for her to get the boot. Jason was also at his best in last week's dances, so it really was a shame for him to have to go as well. Melissa and Ade just get on my nerves for some reason. I agree they're talented, but I just never warmed to them! Anyway, they performed a very touching Tyce D'Orio routine about breast cancer, so you KNEW they weren't going home. I know all the dances have themes, but it surely is the luck of the draw. I mean, who was gonna NOT vote for the cancer dance?! Somehow, Evan is still riding high, having not been in the bottom two yet while in the Top 10. I adore him and vote for him, but I am still surprised by the fan base he has. Now if only he could butch it up for the latin dances...

Remember how everyone in New York has been bitching about how cold and rainy it's been? Besides missing ball games, it really hasn't bothered me until now. My eczema THRIVES on the heat so I guess I've gotten lucky that it's taken this long for the heat to come. I'll take 70-80 degree days any time!

Laura was evicted on Big Brother, which wasn't a shock. The only shock was that Ronnie didn't have the balls to put Russell up against her. He regretted it once Russell started to follow him around the house harassing him. The housemates found it annoying, which I found it comical. Jessie won HOH for the second time in three weeks and subsequently put up Jordan and Michele, mainly because he doesn't think they can beat him in the POV competition, allowing him to backdoor who he really wants. I'm not sure who that is, but tomorrow is another episode!

Why can't things be easy for my NYC housewives?! Speaking of the housewives, the new Atlanta season starts up this week and while for some reason, they aren't event television to me, I'm intrigued by the weave pulling and the drama that looks like it will ensue.

Not only did Kendra Wilkinson's show get a second season pickup with E!, but apparently she's inked a deal to publish her memoir. Why do people who are in their 20's think they've lived long enough to write about their life? Granted, it's always entertaining to hear about the inner workings at the Playboy mansion, but other than that I'm not sure I really care, which is amazing considering how much I LOVED The Girls Next Door. I'm so intent on not watching it with Hef's new skanky twin girlfriends.. that's just weird.

That's all I've got. Unfortunately, my life has pretty much been encompassed by softball lately, which is my fault for joining another league, but I've kind of enjoyed it. I'm getting the opportunity to play the outfied, which I haven't done in a long time and I forgot how much I like it! Tonight's game was yet another rain out, as apparently a monsoon went through Nassau 2 hours before game time which really sucked because it ruined my managerial debut!!! I had a sick lineup all set to go...

No comments: