Monday, March 23, 2009

Sure they lost to the #1 team in the tournament (barely), but Siena made it onto TMZ.com. Seems like a claim to fame to me! But seriously, big props to the Siena Men's Basketball team for a great showing in the NCAA tournament this weekend. Thankfully they didn't beat Louisville, but they sure as hell scared the shit out of me and my bracket!

It's been a while since I posted (i know.. I've been busy) so I have a full post-it that I intend to get to.. Lots has gone on in the last week or so!

I had left work early last Thursday, as I wasn't feeling well. In doing so, I left my daily Coke Zero in the fridge at work. I forgot about it and brought a new one in on Friday. I have a big issue with the work fridge, mainly because I feel like we're all adults and should not have to label our food. I mean, we should be able to remember what we brought in! That, and I'm the only one who has brought in a Coke Zero can EVERY DAY since I started in October, so I kind of thought putting my name on it wasn't exactly necessary. Anyway, I realized I had two sodas, but sometimes a Friday is a two soda kind of day, if you know what I mean. Anyway, when I went in at lunch, only one remained. I was LIVID. I looked all over the fridge, but it was nowhere to be found, meaning someone had stolen it. Seriously.. if you needed a soda so bad, ask for a dollar to get one out of the vending machine, don't steal someone else's! I sent an email around, but basically no one fessed up (surprisingly) or narced on anyone. What kind of world do we live in where no one wants to throw someone else under the bus!? Regardless.. it's still a mystery and now my daily soda has an obnoxious post-it note, complete with smiley face. Take that, thief!

Click here, then go to Birdland Gallery 2 and check out the third picture. I think you might know that person..

Speaking of the O's, B-Rob seems to be getting a lot of the blame for the USA's loss to Japan, with a costly error. However, I saw it, and that error was HARDLY an error so buck up B-Rob.. You made up for whatever that was with your lead off home run. Too bad the rest of your team couldn't help you out!

In other baseball news, Curt Schilling is retiring after 23 years in baseball. I hope he takes that bloody sock with him. I sure am sick of hearing about it. Is it sad that I don't remember him ever pictching for the O's?

So, three girls have been booted from Rock of Love Bus in the last week: Brittanya (mainly cause she spit on Bret's friend Heather), Ashley (for not admitting she doesn't love her baby daddy, who she also lives with) and Beverley, my dark horse. I was sad to see Ashley and Beverly go, for sheer entertainment alone! That leaves the final three as Taya (who could not be more annoying), Mindy (who's unraveling more and more each day) and Jamie (who's pretty much just flying under the radar). I'm thinking it's gonna be Taya and Mindy in the final.

To go along with that, my top pick to win Idol, Alexis Grace, was voted off this week and not saved by the judges. They basically said they would have saved her, but her performance wasn't so great at the end. You can't really blame the poor girl! I never quite get the concept of the booted contestants having to sing once they're eliminated. They already thought the song sucked, so why put us (and them) through that misery once again!?

We might not be seeing Project Runway any time soon, but we can still be happy when contestants make the news, especially for something as ridiculous as this. I find it comical that she threw a cat at him (which honestly, would be a big fear of mine to see a scared cat coming at my head), but what cracks me up the most is that when (or if) she marries him, her married name will be Kenley Penley.. What are the odds?

I have a pretty good feeling that the Real Housewives of New Jersey is gonna be an absolute train wreck, meaning it's DEFINITELY a must-DVR show! I can't wait till it starts!

Matt Lauer didn't make it into work on the Today show today, as he separated his shoulder while trying to avoid a deer on his bike over the weekend. Can you imagine what that phone call to work was like?

Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart are engaged, as are a whole slew of celebrity couples. I guess this was a pretty good Valentine's Day in Hollywood for some!

I think I like watching Dancing with the Stars cause I like hearing the band play songs they never have like "Bonanza (Belly Dancer)." That's some funny stuff. They must get the set list and are like "WTF?"

My friend Eryn came to town this weekend, and we had an absolute blast! I took her to bowling with me on Friday and we then went out with the bowling alley crew and watched the Siena game. I did well on brackets, got bitten in the neck (there's a story there and let me point out, it was in front of lots of people and not at all the way it sounds) and went to a bar I hadn't been to since I could legally drink. Oh yeah, it was that kind of night, but I had so much fun and laughed my ass off. The next day I took her to the mall to shop, then we met some friends at Meadowgreens to watch the b-ball games (luckily I was a big winner in Round 2) and ended up dancing our asses off. Again, great time and for once, I didn't have to drive!!!!

The Big Bang Theory has been renewed for at least two more seasons.. Yay!!

Ok, that's my post-it! I'm sure there should be more since it's been so long, but it's the best I can do if I want to have a life. I don't have too much going on this week, so I'll try to post more often! Be glad your Monday is just about over! I know I am!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

You sent out an email about your soda? A company wide email? Were you able to tag it with a little "high importance" exclamation mark symbol? (That might be just an MS Outlook thing)

I am utterly perplexed as to why you wouldn't get more of a response to that...hmmm..

Kara said...

I only sent it to support staff.. Although that sparked a debate as well.. I mean.. who doesn't want to narc on their attorney every once in a while? No HIGH IMPORTANCE mark though.. and NOT company wide entirely :)