Sunday, March 29, 2009

I rarely go the non-showering route. It doesn't suit me. However, today is one of those days. I have approximately 150 pages left of Breaking Dawn and there is NCAA basketball on. I have no plans, therefore no reason to take a shower. I have washed my sheets, done laundry and uploaded some videos to facebook, so I can feel good about being productive on this gloomy Sunday.

I work with a few guys who are not originally from the States, and I've noticed that for some reason, foreign guys seem to be a little skinnier than us. So much so that I really wanted to force feed both these guys Paula Deen's burger that is surrounded by doughnuts. Which as disgusting as it sounds, kind of makes me salivate just thinking about it.

Peyton Manning's birthday was earlier this week so a happy belated birthday to him!

I booked my room this week for my friend Eryn's wedding in October. The hotel where they are having the reception and where people are staying blocked off 20 rooms, but since it's also parent's weekend for Dartmouth, we had to book early. I went with the king bed. I figured if I had a date, then there'd be enough room to share. If not.. LOTS of space to stretch out. Either way, I win.

Denise Richards got the boot on DWTS this week, although I don't think it was well deserved. She really improved and while we all know I love the Girls Next Door, dancing really isn't Holly's forte. Woz wasn't even a part of the dance off, which means the nerds of the world have united to bring him to the forefront. There's one every season and this season it's certainly Woz. More power to him, as he seems to be having a good time, but I always feel bad when more deserving people have to go home. In other news, apparently Shawn Johnson has a stalker who was luckily caught before he could do any damage. He showed up to the set looking for her and he certainly had the capacity to hurt her, so hopefully everyone is OK and while he pled not guilty, hopefully this guy stays in jail for a long time!

Chris got pretty mad at me the other day when he realized I hadn't mentioned Damages once on this blog, so I'll try to make it up to him. I usually have to watch it on DVR because with soccer, it's been rare for me to be home in time to see it. It's been a really stellar season with lots of twists and turns I didn't see coming. Sometimes Tre will see something I didn't get or vice versa. I'm really looking forward to the hour and a half season finale that airs on Wednesday, almost as much as I'm looking forward to the return of Rescue Me on April 7. Michael J. Fox will start his guest starring role as Tommy's wife's new man, and I'm pretty sure he's in a wheelchair. Let the hilarity ensue!

Miguel Tejada received probation for lying to Congress about steroids, and withholding information.

I get emails from hungrygirl.com, which tells me what's good and what's bad, and I'm happy to say that hungry girl seems to like Coke Zero as much as I do!

Michael Sarver was the victim on American Idol this week, even though the original front runners didn't sing so well. Then again, neither did he, so I wasn't surprised to see him go. However, I was surprised to see Matt Giraud in the bottom. Makes me want to start voting, that's for sure!

Friday was a tough day at work. Thursday night my sister and I went to Meadowgreens as they were doing their customer appreciation night, so we got free wings and pizza for dinner. Then the basketball games started, beer started flowing, and it was kind of over from then on. I did shots, which is a rarity on the weekend and certainly not something that happens during the week, so let's just say I needed to get my car in the morning. I was beat, but Friday night was the soccer girls slumber party and we had such a great time. We drank beer, watched basketball and played partini until the first girl passed out. We totally should have frozen her underwear or something. Anyway, in Partini there is a category called "hum punch" where your teammates need to decipher the song you're humming. Sometimes it look easier than it really is:

My brackets are a bit of a mess, yet I still somehow have made a decent showing in both pools. The game that just ended between Louisville and Michigan State was just ridiculous.. I think Louisville ate a shit sandwich before playing, cause that's what they played like. As long as UCONN keeps winning, I've got a chance.

I've been watching High School Reunion as religiously as I can, and the shit sure did hit the fan this past week. Crazy Jessica has accused her old friend Maricela of being a hooker, mainly because Maricela has found some new friends at the reunion and left her nut job friend behind. The previews show everyone in shock and while I'm not quite sure Maricela is a hooker, she probably has some other deep, dark secret causing these feelings. I mean, her love Scott W doesn't even seem to be able to talk to her, so whether she's a hooker or not, something sketchy is going on. I do have to admit that Jessica's freak out was one of the best I've ever seen on reality tv. Even better than Tyra Banks and that certainly says something!

If you're on twitter, let me know. I don't make a whole lot of posts, but I'm trying to post a little more often. I'm on as kara815.

I've heard a lot about this show, Party Down, on the Starz network. I do not get Starz, but I did find the first episode online and I found it to be pretty funny. I might be biased though, cause pretty much anything with Ken Marino (from The State) makes me giggle. The cast also includes Lizzy Caplan (Mean Girls, True Blood, Cloverfield) and Jane Lynch (Role Models, The Forty Year Old Virgin). Definitely check it out. Speaking of which, I watched Role Models this week and I laughed my ass off. I didn't think it was going to be that great so I waited until it was out on DVD before I watched it, and to be honest, I only had it cause someone put it on DVD for me. I might have been the third wheel on my sister's date, but it was worth it to watch that movie. REALLY funny.. Made me enjoy Sean William Scott again..

Somehow I lost just over a pound this past week, which I don't understand because I completely fell off the wagon the week of St. Patty's. I'm pretty sure it'll all come back to get me next week, when I'm not quite expecting it. It was such a beautiful day yesterday that Tre and I decided to run the Rip Van Winkle bridge. It was the first time I'd ran outside in a very long time, and I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed it. I like running the bridge because the end is in sight. Being on a treadmill is not the same! I obviously didn't go as fast as Tre, but I felt like I did ok and only took about a thirty second break at the Catskill end. What can I say? I just was not meant to run fast and I'm becoming ok with that... kind of.

Heroes hasn't been that great lately, and I'll be one of the first to admit it. However, I thought this past week's episode was much better than they have been lately, so while it may not be event TV for me like it used to, I'm not giving up on it quite yet!

Is it sad that I started bawling watching Ace of Cakes this week? Well, this weekend.. I had a TON of stuff to get through on my DVR and that was my whole intention for the weekend.. to get through it all, which I did! I got all teary during Grey's Anatomy, so much so that I wonder why I watch it since I bawl my brains out week after week. On Ace of Cakes however, it kind of snuck up on me. They made a fortune cookie cake for this guy who wanted to propose to his girlfriend in the shop. It was just so damn cute and endearing and before I knew it, tears were running down my face. I think this once again proves that pretty much anything will make me cry!

Well hopefully this post will make up for some of my neglect as of late. I'll warn you now, I've got a very busy week planned, so I'll try to post whenever I can, but I can't make any promises. I'm heading to Sue's on Tuesday night, where I meet even hold the baby this time! Wednesday night I'm having dinner with my friend Christie and Thursday night I'm going to happy hour with some of the girls from work, which I'm really looking forward to. We're heading to a place I've never been and I hope the weather is nice enough for us to sit outside, but we'll see. Then Chris is FINALLY coming into town and basketball is on. You can see my conundrum! Therefore, have a great week and I'll be in touch..

No comments: