Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I managed to put the kibosh on tonight's date. I was literally giving myself an ulcer just thinking about it, so I knew it was the right thing to do. I tried to get voicemail, but that didn't work. He answered and I accidentally said "oh, I thought I'd get voicemail." Yeah.. that wasn't smart. Anyway, I just told him I'd just gotten out of a relationship a month or so ago (technically not a lie) and that he and I still talk (ok.. that was a bold faced lie, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do) and that I just didn't feel ready to date anyone else (AGAIN.. BOLD FACED LIE) and I didn't want to lead him on (not a lie). So.. 1/2 of my statements were lies, but I think it was way better than telling him I think he might be a little bit on the creepy stalker side. Which I feel bad about, cause he genuinely seemed like a nice guy.. Just a little.. overzealous, let's say.. So thanks to everyone for the advice, except for Bill, whose exact words were "run away and change your number." Not helpful.

No comments: