Thursday, April 01, 2010

I am utterly convinced that America is insanely masochistic. Don't get me wrong.. she wasn't phenomenal, but she was FAR from the worst on that show, and I'm (kind of) in shock and awe that I have to continue watching Buzz Aldrin and Kate Gosselin for probably 8 more weeks.. Oh America... what have you done?!

I went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3-D the other night. Now, I've seen plenty of Tim Burton movies but I wouldn't say I'm a fan.. I appreciate his vision, how's that? Anyway, I'm NOT a fan of Johnny Depp. I don't know what it is, but he's never been one of my faves and I don't find him particularly attractive. It might be my whole aversion to anything Wonka. It freaks me out.. like Mr. Rogers, the Letter People and Mummenschanz. It might just be a PBS thing, I don't know. Anyway, I REALLY liked the movie. I thought everyone in it was brilliantly cast and it was an entertaining story, as the time flew by. However, I still think 3-D is overrated. I could have saved $4 and gotten the same experience. If I'm gonna go to a 3-D movie I want things flying at me, making me feel like I have to get out of the way. It was cool to see, but I don't really think it did much to enhance the flick. Regardless, check it out if you get a chance!

Even more changes are coming on So You Think You Can Dance, which puts it all into perspective and kinda makes me excited! I'm just glad that the judges still have the same amount of input they had initially. I thought it was gonna turn into an American Idol type thing, where the fans choose who goes every week. As you can see with DWTS.. fans don't always know best.

Baseball starts over the weekend, and today the O's signed Julio Lugo, which will be a nice back up considering Roberts has been having lots of back problems and no one is really sure how well Cesar Izturis will do. At the very least, it'll be nice for the boys to get some random days off (as long as none of those days are when I'll be seeing them... whenever that may be!) In other O's news, Chad Moeller has been granted release, as he was beaten out for the backup catcher position by newcomer Craig Tatum, whose defense eclipsed that of the 35 year old veteran. I'll be sad to see him go. He seems like a class act and was a great role model for Wieters, as it seems he was for Tatum in Spring Training. However, with a team like the O's, sometimes youth and.. well.. DEFENSE win out!

I don't watch 'Til Death, but I might have to make an exception for this!!! No Joey though (enter obligatory "WHOA" joke here).

That's all for now. Hope everyone has a Happy Easter and enjoy the amazing weather the Northeast is going to have this weekend (and hopefully for avery long time!) Don't forget to eat your weight in marshmallow peeps (i'm doing it with mini eggs, so your favorite Easter candy will do).

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I also read that Blossom (her real name is too labor-intensive, no?) is going to guest on The Big Bang Theory...not one of my usuals, but a more watchable sitcom than 'Til Death.
Are they charging more for 3D movies? When I went to see Alice (in 3D) it cost the same as all the other matinees... WTF??

Kara said...

Yes.. Mayim Bialik is going to be on the Big Bang Theory as a love interest for Sheldon, which I can't WAIT to see! That must have been on another post-it! As for 3-D, at the Regal Cinemas in Albany they charge $4 extra for 3-D and $5 extra for IMAX.. Perhaps it just depends on the kind of theater you see it in, I don't know..

Sandra said...

That is just bollocks...I would NEVER go to the movies if they charged like that 'round here