Friday, December 04, 2009

My man situation has been completely lackluster lately, so I took a turn in the right direction and deleted what I like to call "toxic" men from my phone. There were more than I had anticipated.. One of whom was J. Apparently I had neglected to delete him from my phone a while back and his numbers just transferred over. Yeah, that was definitely one of the ones that needed to go, as were the "guy who travels a lot" and "drunk text guy." I figure if I don't know their numbers by heart, they aren't important enough to be in my phone. I'm turning over a new leaf (hopefully!). I mean.. I'm 33 for Christ's sake. I just don't have the time, energy or inclination to waste my time on anything but bad reality tv.

There's this woman I work with who is just... well.. she probably falls under the toxic category as well. Anyway, she seems to be the only person who comes and goes as she pleases without any regard for time constraints and acts as if she is uber-important (she's not). Anyway, she sent out an email asking for help because she had today off and in the email she points out that she really doesn't want to have to come in because her husband is in the military and is leaving for combat very soon. It's pretty bad when you play the "war" card and still no one will answer you or wants to help you. That should be a reality check, huh? I really did feel bad about not caring, but then I kinda got over it. I know.. I'm terrible. My New Year's Resolution should be to try to be less terrible, but I'm probably just going to do the "I'll work out more" line of bullshit I usually do. Priorities.

TGIF bitches... Winter Walk is tomorrow so I hope to have a few pics to post for you! Have a great (and quite possibly snowy) one!

No comments: