Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance has dwindled down to it's Top 20 (of which my love, Ryan Kasprzak didn't even make it through, as he did last year.. disappointment!), and Mia Michaels hair has dwindled down to my grandpa's crew cut. I have to say, my grandpa rocked it way better than she did. Regardless, she has announced that she is leaving the show that has made her a household name outside the world of choreography. I'll be sad to see her go, in all honesty. She has made some amazing dances in the past five seasons and some of the shit that comes out of her mouth, while batshit crazy, is priceless! But hey.. we still have Tyce!!!!

Garth Brooks has once again announced his unretirement, and will do so by headlining in Vegas. Note to future boyfriends - take me to Vegas to see Bette Midler AND Garth Brooks and I'll be yours forever... and I may never leave Vegas :)

After Kanye-Gate, Taylor Swift will be hosting SNL, as well as being the musical guest for the evening. I think she'll be able to pull it off and that'll be one SNL episode I'll definitely DVR (cause it's rare that if I'm home to watch, I'm awake to do so).

New Olympic Sports were named last week, rugby being one of them! It sucks that softball is gone, but I'm excited to see rugby on such a large scale.

A movie I'm already looking forward to is Burlesque, which will star Kristen Bell, Christina Aguilera, Cher and Julianne Hough. I believe Christina plays the talented diva, so at least her acting debut might be a little easier than she had anticipated! Can you go wrong with Cher in a movie named Burlesque? If only Bob Mackie were doing the costumes...

Oh Kara, what a segueway!! Bob Mackie was a special guest on Project Runway last week, asking the designers to make a performance dress for Christina Aguilera. I was pretty disappointed with the results. I mean.. no one went SEVERELY over the top, and Shirin's lack of confidence and vision led to her demise. Nina Garcia FINALLY made it back for judging, and next week she'll be joined by Michael Kors, so the real judges will bring some order back to the judging. Not that it's been bad, but I think there have been some interesting eliminations since they've been gone.

Since Maura Tierney has announced that she's leaving Parenthood to concentrate on her recovery, Lauren Graham (of Gilmore Girls fame) will replace her. I think it's a good combination. Both are great actresses who can pull off funny and drama. Parenthood has always been one of my favorite movies, so I'm curious to see how similar to the movie they stay.

Did we really need a Saw VI (or 2 - 6 for that matter)?

Seems everyone's favorite crime lab worker, Abby Sciuto, will be making an appearance on the spinoff, NCIS: LA in the very near future. She appeared by phone last night, but will travel across the country to lend a hand.

When are men and women gonna learn not to shit where they eat? Especially with crazy people half their age? Not long ago I read a book about the beginning days of ESPN, and the sexual harassment was rampant. Somehow, I'm not surprised! Anyway, Phillips got a one week suspension, but we'll see if this is the only hand slapping ESPN will do. They ARE owned by Disney now (right?), so this doesn't look so good for the network. Remember what happened to Harold Reynolds?

Big plans for the rest of the week, so who knows when I'll blog again. I have a jewelry party to go to tomorrow night, and I have to get a mani/pedi on Friday night. Ok.. I don't HAVE to, but I really want to, as I have my friend Eryn's wedding in NH on Saturday. I'm going by myself, which I'm not happy about, but the date(s) didn't exactly work out so I'm going solo. I believe there is LITERALLY one single guy that will be there. Good god, I hope she doesn't throw the bouquet.. I'll die of mortification..

Therefore, enjoy the rest of your week and have a great weekend!!! And try to think of a cheap, easy Halloween costume I can pull together from stuff at home.. that would be great, thanks.

PS - If you're not watching Glee, you're an idiot.. just saying...

No comments: