Monday, October 05, 2009

I was invited to a party on Saturday night, as my friend Paula's date (her husband couldn't go, so he let me use his ticket). $20, all the beer, wine and soda you can drink, a meal and dancing till midnight. I was excited about it, thought it'd be a great time. Until I got there and realized that it was a hoe-down. I'm not kidding.. An honest to goodness hoe-down.. a country band, lots of wranglers and boots. I like country music, don't get me wrong. I think I knew the majority of the songs the band played, but it wasn't the type of music you can jam to. Thankfully, when we left, Paula jacked up the Jay-Z and things were back to normal. I still had a good time, but it was far from what I expected!

I have FINALLY booked a few Passion Parties.. I'm really excited, as I need to have three parties worth $1,000 total before the end of November. I will more than likely cut it close, but I'm giving it the best shot I have! I have two booked and left a few messages, so hopefully they'll become lucrative. I also ordered business cards and our new catalogs, so I had an extremely busy, yet productive Passion Parties day!!

I finished "Official Book Club Selection" by Kathy Griffin. Even if you don't find her funny, it's a great book. She was extremely honest about her life, including her plastic surgeries and divorce shocker. I dare you not to get weepy when reading about her dad and her relationship with her parents. It was an easy, fun read!

Have I missed the announcement of Mariah Carey's pregnancy? I saw it on the cover of one of those US Weekly, Life & Style, blah blah blah magazines, but considering I hadn't heard of it till then, I wasn't quite sure if it was official or true. I mean, you'd think that'd be news I would have heard!! Speaking of pregnant, Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi has announced her pregnancy, which is a surprise, not only because she suffers from endometriosis, but also because she hasn't publicly been dating anyone since her split from Salman Rushdie. The only person accused of being the father turned out to be related to her. How awkward...

Rumors around town are that Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem are engaged. They could both do worse, that's for sure..

As ashamed as I may be, I still have set a series recording for the Real World/Road Rules Challenge that started airing on Wednesday. I'm shocked Diem got booted by Tonya (the Mayor of Crazytown) and I have GOT to find out how old Syrus is. To quote my fellow Real World lover, Chris, Syrus heads local AARP chapter in Boston at this point. (Ok, it wasn't a direct quote, but you get the gist). Anyway, I still want these people to get married and have babies (oh wait.. they HAVE, yet they still don't see that as the right time to STOP DOING CHALLENGES) and ya know, maybe get a real job someday, but I do get some pleasure out of watching them torture each other and basically fuck and drink themselves into an early grave.

Bravo loves taking care of their own, and $50 says I'll watch each and every one of these shows. Speaking of Bravo, sad news for new Atlanta Housewife, Kandi Burress. In better news, the OC housewives return on November 5, and thanks to his relationship with Gretchen (the third housewife he's bagged) it looks like so will Slade Smiley.. Seriously.. that can't be his real name. I've seen his parents on the show before and I can't believe they named their kid Slade Smiley.. Anyway, looks like drama, drama and more drama to come and I'm so damn excited! The housewives from the ATL just don't do it for me the way the OC ladies do!

How about that whole Letterman extortion plot!? The attorney for the accused was kind of a douche to Ann Curry on The Today Show this morning, but she was NOT having it! Who knew Dave was such a whore?

I didn't get to see Whip It this past weekend, but I hope to see it this week, regardless of the lackluster box office. Not every movie needs to be Oscar worthy.. sometimes they can just be fun!

Tomorrow night I'm volunteering to get a massage to help out a friend who's trying to get back into the business after a hiatus. Yeah, I'm a giver. Hope you all have a good, quick week!!

No comments: