Wednesday, September 02, 2009

What a whirlwind the last few weeks have been! I will post pics later on tonight, but for now, I'll just recap:

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND: Great time had with the girls, but also a fun time at the co-ed softball tournament. As much as we wanted to lose to free up our weekend, our competitiveness wouldn't allow us, and we came out of the losers bracket to take second place. It was ridiculously hot, tiring and sweaty, but it was still a great time. I got a new digital camera from my parents and FINALLY, after years of empty promises (you know who you are), my sister got me a Peyton Manning jersey! I can't wait to wear it!!

TEAM TRACK DAY: It was an early morning and long ride in Elkie's RV, but wow.. did we have a great time! I spent the entire weekend rolling coin just so I could place some bets, but it didn't matter. Nothing jumped out at me and I'm pretty sure I stopped betting in the 4th or 5th race. Better to not lose any money, right!? We all got way drunker than anticipated and danced our faces off both in the RV on the way home AND at Jackson's afterwards. I don't know if I ever want to go to the track NOT in an RV.. the weather held out and everyone had a blast!

BALTIMORE: FINALLY made it to Baltimore, even though it was a whirlwind 24 hour trip. My dad and uncle have met the concierge before, so we went up to see her and say hello. Both days she managed to get us into a corporate suite. The only way it could have been better was if Cal was sitting in the suite at the time. The O's only won one out of the two games, but it was an awesome trip!

This weekend is the Chatham Fair, so be prepared for some pictures of me trying to get onto the mechanical bull. I'm too short so Tre usually has to boost me up! There'll be corn dogs, gravy fries and fried dough aplenty!!!!

I've decided to take on a new venture, which is selling "Passion Products." Yes.. I'm peddling sex toys! But seriously, there's a lot more than that involved and I'm excited to say that I have my first party next Saturday. I'm not all about the public speaking so I'm insanely nervous, but I think once I get used to it, it'll be fun! Unfortunately, no one's been BEGGING me to let them have a party and I don't want to push anyone. I'm just not like that.. it's another reason I can't stand salespeople at the mall! However, I'm doing this to make some money so I might have to put on a LITTLE pressure! If you know of anyone who would be interested in having a party, feel free to have them get in touch with me. Even if you don't buy anything there's no doubt you'll be entertained and you'll get to help me out, which I thank you for in advance!

Macy's and I are going through a little rough patch in our relationship. Two weeks ago I paid $50 online... so I thought. A few days later when I had a return charge on my account I realized that instead of the $50 I thought I paid, I put through a payment of $5,000. Now, do I have $5,000!? No, and I honestly don't think I ever have! After countless phone calls and one annoying conversation with Mitra, the non-English speaking customer service representative, I was told to make another payment and that Macy's would reverse the charges out of "courtesy." Yeah... this was after Mitra said "I'm sorry you made a mistake, but...." Let's just say she had to speak to her supervisor after this conversation! Next stop was the bank, where I had to call an ex (who I am thankfully on great terms with) and explain the situation. He laughed at me, then gave me the number of the guy at the bank who could help me out. He was ridiculously nice and totally understood the situation, so he reversed the charge for me. Three days later... new charge, as they tried AGAIN to take my money out. Um.. HELLO!? Not gonna work! So this time I called the checking place and they agreed to not do that anymore, and then I had to call the bank again and have him reverse the charges. That was NOT a good week for me!

So this is what has been taking me away from my blog, as well as softball, which is now over. Cruise meltdown starts on Tuesday, so I'll be hitting the gym and running a lot more too. I'm going to try to continue to keep up with the blog, but it may get thrown by the way side from time to time. Work with me!

Pictures and TV information to come later.. Lots has happened on Big Brother and I haven't even had a chance to welcome Tim Gunn back to the airwaves. Happy Hump Day!!!!

No comments: