Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The rumors have finally come true: Heather Locklear is joining the cast of Melrose Place to reprise her role as Amanda Woodward. It's not clear how long her appearances will last (she could be an "alive for only one episode" thing like Laura Leighton's Sydney) but I have a feeling she'll make an impression. I'm already looking forward to Josie Bissett's return as Jane next week!!!

Tim Gunn got all sorts of cranky this past week on Project Runway, thanks to the artfuly lying of ex-drug addict (and guy I find completely in the hunt for "Most Annoying PR Contestant" honors) Johnny. The assignment was to make an outfit out of newspaper. Johnny thought his was the bomb until Tim ripped him a new one. Johnny then proceeded to throw his dress away, then lying about the reasoning behind needing to make a new one. Nicholas completely threw him under the bus on the runway (which helped Nicholas out to no end) but I think everyone saw through Johnny, and Tim made his opinion abundantly clear, but not till after he was sweet as pie in letting Johnny go. Tim Gunn - he's a classy broad!

I watched the Emmy's, but I have to say this: I'm REALLY sick of 30 Rock... it's funny, I get it. But for God sakes, give someone else a chance!!! I mean, no nods for True Blood in the drama categories!? Please.. Jon Cryer winning for best comedic performance? um.. not so much! I did really enjoy it when Kristen Chenoweth won (and then subsequently needed medical treatment) and I thought she looked kinda sassy in her spangly minidress. The dresses didn't knock me out this year, although I thought Anna Torv (Fringe) looked absolutely breathtaking! Her dress wasn't like anyone else's and I like that. A lot of people didn't like Christina Applegate's dress, but I liked the color and thought it looked great on her! As for this, I don't care what he's wearing.. he's a sexy little beast..

Fox has ordered 13 more episodes of Glee!!!! If you haven't caught the show yet, please please please tune in! It's so worth it on so many levels!

Tre and I received our new Insanity DVD's in the mail today. We're going to start them on Monday and I really hope they do the job. If not, what a waste of money!? I'm not down with wasting money at this point in my life, so I'm gonna do all I can to make sure they do what they're supposed to! Speaking of weight loss, Kevin Federline has joined the cast for the next season of Celebrity Fit Club. Yeah, that might just be enough to get me to watch. He has certainly ballooned since his divorce from Britney and apparently he cares enough about how he looks to do something about it... or at least wait until he got a solid offer to care about it. That K-Fed.. what a head for business he has!

It's been quite a week for celebrity babies: Ellen Pompeo had a baby girl, as did Sarah Michele Gellar. Also (in the non-celebrity mode) congrats go out to my soccer teammate Shanan, as she gave birth to her first daughter, Payton, early this morning.. Great name ;) even if it is spelled wrong!

It may sound ridiculous (and even I agree) but Khloe Kardashian is getting married on Sunday to basketball player Lamar Odom. It's been one hell of a year for the Kardashians!

I hit up the new Wal-Mart in town last night for some shopping. It's nice, but I don't know where anything is so it took me a million times longer than usual and then I walked around the store and found random odds and ends that I needed, so I ended up spending more than I would have if I'd gone to a regular grocery store! I did get a really cool toilet paper holder that attaches to your tank so the TP isn't on the floor. I've said nothing but great things about it all day. As you get older I guess it really IS the little things, isn't it!?

Lots of tv to watch! Hope you all enjoyed your hump day... if i had one, that's what I'd be doing!! Screw TV!!! Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Johnny couldn't hack it and deserved to be cut, but in the "most annoying PR contestant" contest...Nicolas is in the lead for that. Yeah, it was a lame lie, and SO weak of Johnny to do it, but lying to cover your own arse is an innate reflex. Throwing somebody under the bus, however, is just . . .vile. Plus, Nicolas is irksome in like 100 other ways... I anti-heart him