Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So remember how the other day I was telling you about me saying what might be one of the meanest things ever? Well.. apparently that's not something you can come back from. As you might have been able to figure out, I said it to Jason, and he decided that "he doesn't know who the hell I am anymore" and other such nonsense. Apparently the boy has never EVER said something he regrets and/or didn't mean. So, basically, I'm the devil and he wants nothing to do with me. At first I was upset, but the more I think about it, the more I get angry. I mean, people make mistakes and I've done nothing but try to atone for it for the last four days. Apparently, that's not enough. He thinks I should "move on, because he doesn't think it would ever work between us anyway." That's unfortunate, but hey... you can't make someone feel a certain way and if something that small makes THAT much of an impact, then I don't know what to say or do about it and maybe that's ok. Seriously, if I ever attempt to date someone who's name starts with a J again, make sure someone tells me to run away screaming (Toine - not quite sure if Jimmy is off limits on this one... he might get the bye).

Last night I decided to go to Express and the Gap and see if I could fit into some size 12's. I have my rugby reunion on Saturday and I'd really like to look good, not like I'm wearing jeans that are too big. So, I went to the Gap and got a pair that I can wear with flip flops or sneakers. However, I tried on a pair that were so perfect... except for the fact that they were about a foot too long. I'm not kidding.. it was kind of crazy how long they were. Considering I don't have the time or patience to do the whole alteration thing, I didn't buy them. I went to the Express in Colonie Center, which was so much better than going to Crossgates where I almost bitch slapped the skinny salesgirl. I managed to find ONE pair of size 12's and even my Mom agreed they looked good on me, so it must be true! As I was leaving Macy's (where I parked), this black salesman was VERY friendly and made sure to tell me to have a good night and then some (I'm not saying it to be racist, him being black will be important later on in the story). Anyway, the whole time I'm regretting not buying the jeans that were too long. I swear, they fit me like a glove!! So, I went into work today and was telling a couple of people about it and they're all like "there's a tailor around the corner." Great.. NOW you tell me! So, after only a little bit of deliberation, I decided I needed to go back to get them... RIGHT THAT SECOND. I was so afraid to wait for the day to be over that I went out the minute the mall opened to get them and luckily, they were there. Funny thing is, I parked in the Macy's lot, same as I always do and when I walk in the door, the SAME guy is working the counter. I wasn't aware it was him until he said "you came back!" How random is that?! So he's then asking me if I worked there, cause why else would I have been back so soon. So I had to tell him that it was because I let a deal slip by and had to take advantage. Luckily I was on the phone when I left and he had a customer, so there was no time for small talk. What can I say? The black boys seem to love my junk in the trunk and there is nothing I can do about it but appreciate that they appreciate! When I went to the Gap the salesgirl there also remembered me. If these people close the store, shouldn't they not have to open the next day?

Today was Administrative Professionals Day, so we got some gifts and had a nice luncheon at work. I managed to walk away with a few candles and votive holder, along with $20 in Simply Certificates. I certainly can't complain about that AND a free lunch.

Project Runway is FINALLY coming back and I'm so excited, even if I have to watch it on Lifetime. Speaking of Heidi Klum, she is also pregnant once again, and seemingly hoping for a girl so her daughter has a partner in crime. I'm sure she's also looking for she and Seal to have a biological girl, as Leni is her daughter with ex, Flavio Briatore.

Dog Chapman was shot at while out trying to pick up a fugitve, but don't worry.. he didn't get hit AND he got the guy.. eventually!

I finished the Tori Spelling book, Stori Telling, while at the gym last night. I love a good memoir, but I really enjoyed reading this book. I've kind of always felt bad for Tori cause I thought she got a bad rap and her book was very entertaining. I might even pick up her new book, Mommywood, cause I can only imagine what insights she'll have on motherhood!

I left my post-it at work, so I'm sure there's a ton I'm missing, but I really tried to give it a go!

Happy Administrative Professionals Day, Earth Day and (most importantly) Hump Day. Hump 'em if you got 'em and try to find me one as well!!! Preferably bald with good arms and whose name doesn't start with J ;)

No comments: