Thursday, April 09, 2009

Not that I didn’t already know this, but I think I have insane OCD. I’ve been eating Starburst jellybeans like it’s my job as of late, and I’ve realized that I can’t eat them unless they’re all in even numbers. What I mean is, I eat the ones I have the most of, until I have the same number of each color in my pile. The scary thing is, it’s taken me this long to realize I do it. I wonder if it’s just a starburst jellybean thing, or if I do it with other such things, like Skittles or M&M’s. Weird..

So, Monday night I joined Planet Fitness up in East Greenbush, as they were having their “Join for $1, then $10 a month sale.” Yeah.. I joined, as did 1000 other people.. I’m not kidding.. ONE THOUSAND people joined during the past week of this promotion. I guess that’s the point, however the staff was slightly rude and not really helpful when I joined. I’m sure they were crazy stressed what with the numbers, but that’s your job so at least fake that you’re happy to see me. Anyway, when no one even told me where the locker room was and I couldn’t see a free machine for miles, I simply listened to the O’s-Yanks game on the way home (SUCK IT CC and BOO TEIXEIRA), and then watched it while on the treadmill. And what a game it was. I don’t care what anyone says.. nothing feels better than beating the Yankees.. except maybe beating the Red Sox.. hmm.. NOPE.. not even that! And to beat them again last night, even after a 9th inning rally was just priceless! I’m not getting my hopes up, but if we could pull out a sweep today, I think my year would PROBABLY be made (cause my expectations really aren’t all that high!). I love my O’s, but I still live in reality..

Anyway, since I rudely interrupted myself, I stayed away from the gym on Tuesday, since I could run at home and catch up on The Hills (Holy sucker punch Spencer, but that’s a whole ‘nother post for a whole ‘nother day). My friend Heather met me at the gym on Wednesday night and while it was pretty packed, I managed to get an elliptical pretty quick, so I was happy. I’ve realized the later I go, the better it is, but since I’m coming from work that’s not really an option that I have. Then again, for $10 I really shouldn’t expect much! It IS a nice gym with lots of equipment and I think once the hubbub behind the promotion dies down, it’ll work out just fine!

I’m already in love with the Real Housewives of New Jersey. There was a preview on Tuesday night, and once I started watching, I couldn’t go to bed (even though I REALLY wanted to). It’s very inbred, but I think that gives it an interesting dynamic. Caroline, the “head” housewife really scares the crap out of me, and I think I want to be Dina when I grow up.. I believe it starts in May, so keep your eyes open!

Rescue Me started on Tuesday night and I swear, I laughed my ass off the entire time. I didn’t realize how much I missed Denis Leary, and most of all, Sean and Probie.. I know people probably are that dumb in real life, but I don’t know how they could possibly make a living..

The High School Reunion finale was very… anticlimactic! They all went to the prom, some with two dates, some with one, and while it seemed like everyone had a good time, it was kind of boring! The expected happened, even with the creative editing in the previews. Scott and Maricela talked about seeing each other after the reunion, Tom and Kara talked about getting back together and even got a few extra days in Hawaii to tend to their relationship (or as Sandra would say “christen every room in the reunion house”). Drew might not have gotten Lynette, but she did lay one on him at the prom, which I’m sure the production crew (or other reunionites) had NOTHING to do with. Liz and Chad won prom king and queen and everyone went their separate ways as lovey-dovey as could be. And I think I have a crush on Dennis… ya know, since Tom’s taken..

In the vein of total geekdom, Leonard Nimoy is coming to Fringe.. He seems like a great foil for the doc, don’t you think? Fringe FINALLY came back next week, and I have to say, it didn't disappoint. Also, am I the last one to realize Olivia's sister is being played by the insanely drunk best friend from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist? My brain isn't working this week..

Scott Macintyre was finally ousted from American Idol last night, which I think was just a few weeks too late, as I still wish Alexis Grace was there to plead her case. I guess he literally did plead, but it was to no avail. How ironic that he sang a song by Survivor, huh?

David Alan Grier got the boot on DWTS this week, while Steve-O never even made it into the Dance-off. Granted, his dancing has vastly improved, but unfortunately, a vast improvement isn’t much.. I’m thinking next week might be his week, which will be disappointing since I adore Lacey Schwimmer..

I almost forgot, but I have to tell you about my first experience with the Hudson Applebee’s: My sister was bringing home a chicken fajita rollup for me – no lettuce, no pico de gallo. JUST chicken and cheese. It’s not that hard. She got there around 5:30 and got done with her meal around 7, when she realized the waiter never put in the To Go order. She reminds him, no biggie. He brings out chicken fajitas. Strike one – She sends it back. The next time he brings out a chicken fajita rollup… loaded with lettuce… Strike two. She’s like “yeah, I can’t bring this home” so she sends it back again. Third time he comes out, everything looks ok, so she takes it home. When she gets home with it, I open it up and there is lettuce everywhere. Apparently they just took out enough lettuce to make it look like they took out the lettuce. Now, my sister is pretty mellow, but she got right on the phone and asked to speak to a manager (so not her style). When she did get one on the phone she calmly told him what happened and also told him that she wasn’t trying to be an asshole, but that the situation was kind of ridiculous. He felt terrible and let her know that night had been the worst they’ve had since the opening. He asked what he could do and ended up giving her a $20 gift card to Applebee’s, which is never a bad thing. It sure does bring people back, doesn’t it? So guess where happy hour is tonight!?

No comments: