Wednesday, April 15, 2009

As we all know, I’ve been losing a little weight lately, which has made me venture into stores I might not normally try. Case in point: Last night I went into Express, thinking their size 14 jeans would probably fit me now. I mean, I’ve been a 14 in regular stores forever, but in Express, I’m still at the upper aeschylons of their size pyramid. So, I can’t find a 14 anywhere, and the girl (skinny of course) comes over to ask me if I’m having trouble finding my size. I jokingly ask “Yes, do you even sell 14’s?” Her response: No, we end at 12.” Um.. what? Seriously? I was kidding when I asked it, so I was not quite expecting her response. Luckily it was only me, my sister, my mother and my cousin around when she said it. I turned around, stunned (my Mom said you should have seen the look on my face) and to them I replied “Ok great.. apparently the fatty can’t shop at Express” and we left. I can only describe myself as beat red and mortified. I then went to the gym and did cardio for an hour.

If anyone has a spare winter jacket, let me know. The woman in the cubby next to me is going through the change, so she’s basically wearing her bathing suit, with a fan on her all day. She has complained about the heat, so now the A/C is jacked up and I’m going to be wearing sweaters to work all summer. It’s not my fault your body is rebelling and I shouldn’t have to suffer!

You have to give the girl credit for making fun of herself, even though she was probably high when doing so…

This is the book “The Easter Bunny” got me. Funny… However I think the Easter Bunny should have read the subtitle. I think I'm already at the point the book discusses.. Also at Easter, my Aunt made a comment about my sister and I having babies and getting old (basically, I paraphrased) to which I replied “Um.. it’s not for lack of trying.” You’d think I sit up in my room and play video games all day with no outside world contact the way they people talk. I get it, my eggs are dying.. thanks for bringing it up.

I’m VERY excited about Saturday night though.. A few of the girls I work with (and then some) have made plans to go to Roller Derby!! I’d heard about it a few months ago but then subsequently forgot about it. I never realized they had a team in Albany so I’m really looking forward to catching the bout! I used to watch a reality show on A&E ( I think it was called Roller Girls or something like that) and I LOVED it, but for some reason it got canceled after one season. Damn you A&E! So now I get to see it for myself on Saturday. They are having an open call for players next week, but I’m not very good on wheels so I think I’ll pass on this one.

Happy Hump Day!!!

No comments: