Thursday, January 07, 2010

Ya know how you have those days where you just KNOW you shouldn't have gotten out of bed? I'm having one of those weeks, so TGIF tomorrow!!!

It seems that everything I've ever done wrong at work in the last year or so has come back to haunt me in the last two days. Let me point out that it's one or two things, but the timing of them both coming up couldn't be more off!

Yesterday morning I managed to rear end a guy on Washington Avenue Extension just as I was getting ready to turn into work. Come to find out, the guy works in the building next to me. Thankfully, he didn't freak out when I hit him. As a matter of fact, he hardly reacted at all! He got out of the car and said "I have to call" which meant, the cops. Now, let me point out that he drives a Nissan Altima, while I drive a Toyota Corolla.. His car sits a touch higher than mine, so there seems to be more damage to mine. Actually, I really couldn't see ANY damage on his car! Granted, there was road dust on it so I'm sure there are scratches, but I highly doubt there's much more. Basically, I hope this kid doesn't try to hose me to get his car fixed. No tickets were issued so that was a relief. The cop was super nice and after looking at both of the cars, I think he was wondering why he got a call at all, much like I was. Let's hope it works out for the best cause I'm sure I don't have the time, energy or money to deal with it right now!

First time is not the charm when it comes to Roberto Alomar, and of course, it's being speculated that he didn't make it into the Hall the first time due to his notorious spitting incident. True? Maybe.. but considering he only missed by eight votes, I doubt it. Did he get hosed? Maybe, but he's got plenty of chances left and I highly doubt he won't make it next year. Andre Dawson is the only inductee this year and since I own (and have done so for many, many years) a glove emblazoned with his name, my congratulations go out to him!

Tonight's trailers speculate but apparently, the news is true! Tamra and Simon Barney are getting divorced, and it looks like it's gonna get ugly, with Simon alleging infidelity and verbal abuse. Can't wait to find out who Tamra's banging... If Gretchen doesn't throw it in her face she'll be a FAR better person than I'll ever be!!

Jersey Shore is back tonight, and with that, comes yet another Boardwalk brawl. Apparently all the hullaballoo isn't doing bad things for MTV, as rumor is there'll be a second season of the show with the same cast. However, I'm sure they'll have to throw in some new blood to stir things up, especially since it looks like Vinny could get the boot this week after taking the boss's girl (woman) home from the club. Oh, the Jersey Shore drama!

On a different note, I never got the chance (or had the time) to discuss the So You Think You Can Dance finale. Let me say, I correctly predicted the order in which the final 6 would be ousted, and unfortunately, I was correct in thinking that Russell would beat out my boy Jakob in the end. I get it, but I don't necessarily have to agree with it. I think that, by far, Jakob was the most talented dancer to have been on the show since its inception (again, don't freak, this is just my opinion) but I agree that Russell really exemplified what the show is about. It's America's FAVORITE Dancer, not America's Best Dancer, and as someone who's background is in krumping, Russell really wowed everyone with his ability to take on other forms of dance. However, it still amazes me how "adrenaline" made him forget his earth shattering injury! Congrats go out to him! I think it'll only be a matter of time before Jakob is snatched up by a prominent dance company, and you can bet your sweet bippy I'll find out which one and get tickets to see him. Same goes for the SYTYCD tour... they didn't come around here last year and I'm doubtful they will again this year, but I'd certainly be there if they do!

Speaking of things I'm getting tickets for, I have a girl's night out planned for this event. How can you go wrong with beer and sweaty boys? I don't think you can!

I've been fighting off illness since I got back from Buffalo (started with a Demi Moore voice and has since moved into my nose) so I'm gonna take some Nyquil and call it a night. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: