Thursday, January 21, 2010

For the most part, I leave my phone on vibrate, unless I'm expecting a call in the middle of the night or something, which happens way less since I stopped dating a drunken child. Anyway, for some reason, I left the ringer on last night with the thought "who's gonna call me overnight on a Wednesday?" Famous last words, right? Anyway, my texting tone goes off at 5 am and I'm pretty surprised, so I check it. It's Jason, telling me he just drove by Meadowgreens on his way to work, and it's going up in flames! It certainly wasn't the text I was expecting, considering I wasn't expecting to get a text at 5 am in the first place! So yes, Meadowgreens is now burnt rubble and no one quite knows why. Obviously, rumors are flying, but I'm going to reserve judgment until I hear from the cause and origin team. As usual, everyone is saying "arson for insurance" but I admit, I have a really hard time believing it's anything more than an accident. I sure do hope they manage to rebuild eventually, as it's been a fun place to be and I have no idea where I'll go from now on. Thank GOD football season is just about over. Thankfully, no one was in the building at the time, and hopefully things will work themselves out. Regardless, not the way I wanted to wake up this morning!

Tonight is the last episode of Jersey Shore and in honor of that, let me direct you to THIS article. Who knew lots of fake boob cleavage could be both sophisticated AND sexy? Apparently I didn't get the memo on that one! Regardless, I'll be tuning in to see the rest of the train wreck just like TONS of other people I know... The reunion that follows should be entertaining as well!

After a day of football watching and beer drinking, I managed to get home in time to catch the Golden Globes. I have to admit, I didn't do so well predicting the winners, but I was THRILLED that Glee made a splash and won the award for Best Comedy, Musical. It was kind of nice for there not to be a sweep by 30 Rock for the millionth time! I missed the red carpet (I taped it, I swear) but someone PLEASE tell me this is just some clever photoshopping!

Speaking of TV, how did I not hear until this week that my favorite baldy (ok.. second favorite), Billy Zane, has a new show! Granted, it's definitely not on at a convenient time for me (Thursdays at 8) but I'm taping it anyway.

I don't know if anyone is watching High School Reunion on TV Land but me and Sandra, but I think we're both enjoying it, for the most part. What I'm NOT enjoying, is the biggest d-bag I've ever seen on TV, John. He's an idiot, ignorant and many other words I prefer not to use in public. Sandra thinks he'll reform and I think if he does, High School Reunion will be a miracle worker. Check it out - Wednesdays at 10 on TV Land.

Week Three of Co-Ed Soccer.. We show up for our 9:55 game and the other team is nowhere to be found. They finally show up... with one girl. You have to have at least two on the field at all times, so they proceed to ask us if any of our girls would play with them. Um.. NO! We don't drive 45 minutes to play against each other and we have ample girls so we don't have to play the entire game, cause we're all old and out of shape. We agree that they can play with only one girl, just because we still want to play. Midway through the first half, a miracle happened. I scored a goal. My first one ever, and it was LEGIT! I think everyone was in shock and awe, and I'm sure the other team really enjoyed the insane happy dance I did, not quite understanding the magnitude of what had just happened. At least now I've done the unthinkable and no one can crack on me anymore. Anyway, the team we played against were actually a fun, nice team, minus one guy. I think he was peeved that we didn't give him any girls, and he proceeded to knock Nikki on her ass, with nary an apology. He crossed the line completely though, when he blasted the ball right into Allyson's head. Thankfully, Allyson was able to get her hands up, so he only broke her wrist as opposed to her nose. Let's just say, he got an earful and I would love for him to know what he did, as it wasn't official then. So, we lost the game AND we lost Allyson, which really sucks! Still, believe it or not, we're having a great time and I'd love to apologize to Afrim's for being whiny bitches... but come on. The guy was like.. five feet away from her and was up 5-1. It was completely unnecessary.

If you've got nothing better to do next week, maybe you should try out for Jeopardy!!!

Gonna be a real busy weekend.. Heading to the TU Center for Professional Bull Riding, then out to Savannah's (The Dublin Underground) for lots of dancing!!! I'm really looking forward to it so Friday better go by quick or it has me to answer to! THEN... The Colts play the Jets on Sunday afternoon and I hope to be somewhere (maybe my own home to avoid annoying Jets fans) watching the Colts win! Enjoy the weekend!!!

2 comments:

Toine said...

WOW! Meadowgreens. Holy shit!

Rob said...

You may make fun of me, but I'm super psyched about that Jeopardy quiz. I hadn't taken it in a few years -- so I'll be ready to go Tuesday night.