Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I have to say, I gave up on Parks and Recreation after last season so of course, it's getting good! I'm sure I can catch up. Anyway, whether you watch or not, this video is still pretty funny, and an entertaining way to speed up your day.

A new season of High School Reunion starts tonight on TV Land, and you can bet I'll be DVRing it! I LOVED the trainwreck that was last season, and with the self proclaimed "summer girls" bitching it up, there's no WAY it can be bad!!

Soon enough you're going to be able to watch Netflix movies through your Wii!


Last week was our first week of co-ed soccer. Apparently, I was a little confused as to our skill level. There are levels 1-5 and since we've been playing for a while, I figured level 3 would be fine, as that would be considered middle of the road. The girl at Afrim's didn't correct me on this, so we went in all bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to begin! Our first clue was that we saw two girls from our Mom's league who DEFINITELY play at a higher level than us, and are quite a bit younger. The rest of the team looked athletic enough, but we thought we'd be able to hold our own. First mistake? Thinking. A goal was scored in 24ish seconds by the other team. This guy whizzed the ball right past me like nothing I'd ever seen and if it had hit me, I think I'd still be picking my teeth out of the turf. It was then I vowed to not get in the way. Let them have their goal. Anyway, they quickly exert their dominance over us and we looked like idiots! We were completely lost on the field and no one could help us. Literally, they had to be up 15-0 at the half and we were all discouraged. We managed to score ONE goal as the second half started and even held them to 0 for quite a while, but then we got tired, and they took advantage, which I find kind of unsportsman like. I mean, the guy who scored the first goal (and probably at least 10 in the entire game) was sitting down by our goal, just cherry picking and waiting for the ball to come. I looked at him and said "you're up 20-1, is that really necessary?" I then proceeded to call him an f'in douchebag, cause that's what he is. I mean, OBVIOUSLY we're overmatched and are doing the best we can. The least you can do is be a pal about it! I give him credit, he DID stop doing it for a while, but told one of the guys on his team "he got yelled at." No, I didn't YELL at you, I just gave you a reality check. So NOT the same thing. Anyway, game ends, we lose a billion to 1, but we all agreed that it was way better than the Mom's league and definitely more of a work out. One of the workers (we call him Afrim, but I don't think he is) was out in the reception area and was like "yeah, you guys don't belong in level 3." Um.. yeah.. we know. I could have used that information YESTERDAY!! Anyway, he says that we can drop down to level 5 and that will be more our speed. So, last night we played in Level 5 and he was right. DEFINITELY where we should be. We actually won our game 2-1, and I feel like we played a lot better. We still need some time to gel as a team, especially considering one of our guys has never played soccer before. It's a really great time though, and I think we'll do another session after this and see what happens. Only unfortunate part is that our games are pretty late. Last night it was 10:00, so by the time you get home and wind down, it's 1:00. Needless to say, I have a feeling I'm going to need a little nap this afternoon!

So that's what's been going on in this neck of the woods. Hope everyone humps their way through Wednesday (only if they're yours and only safely!) cause there's only two more days till the weekend and lots of football!! Let's go Colts!

No comments: