Thursday, March 25, 2010

As many of you know, I played rugby in college. It was one of the most fun and brutal times in my life and I wouldn't trade it for a second. I've dated my share of rugby players but nothing compared to the feeling of seeing my ex-boyfriend from Australia, lying motionless on the field in Worcester. I spent LOTS of time at the hospital that month or so, and thankfully, he's fine and back in Australia, although no longer able to play, as a swift kick to the head would be pretty damn detrimental. Anyway, this is an article that was in the Albany Times Union this morning and it made me weepy, yet long for the comraderie I shared (and still do share) with my rugby buddies. My best wishes go out to Michael Jones and his family, on their long road to a hopeful recovery..

No comments: