Saturday, August 08, 2009

This morning I ran the Ken Hummel Memorial 5K in Stuyvesant. Thankfully, it was a beautiful morning to run and my co-worker, Ashley joined me. We kept a pretty good pace, even though I haven't ran seriously since the Boilermaker and she hasn't ran in months. We were both pretty content with our time (mine was comparable to what I did in the OK 5K back in June) and then we rewarded ourselves with breakfast!

My sister comes back from Myrtle Beach today, and hopefully that means I'll be able to sleep again. I have slept terribly all week, as I hear EVERY single thing outside the house. Of course, I live on a main road so there are LOTS of things to hear and for some reason they all sound like they are IN the house.

Runaway Bride is on. I love that movie. I love Richard Gere's hair and Christopher Meloni's enthusiasm, which means I will let slide the fact that he proposed to Julia Roberts (in the movie of course) as I'd always dreamed I'd get proposed to you. Yup... at an O's game.

Speaking of the O's, the unloading continues! I'm sad to say that the O's traded Gregg Zaun to the Rays, subsequently stating their confidence in Matt Wieters. They also brought up Chad Moeller to take the place of Zaun. I mean, I like that they're excited about Wieters, but I have always like Zaun! 3 more weeks and I'll be in Baltimore to see it for myself!

Jeanine Mason was crowned America's Favorite Dancer on Thursday night, beating out Brandon, Evan and Kayla (in that order). Like I said, I was happy with whoever won, but it was nice to see a girl take it AND someone as talented and seemingly sweet as Jeanine. Also, I like that fact that she never used her time in the spotlight to garner any of the sympathy vote that she could very well have received. The girl won it fair and square, on talent and personality alone.

The rat FINALLY went home on Big Brother, when Ronnie was evicted. He used his time in the house to rip into Michele for no reason but that she wouldn't use the veto on him and (obviously, since she's still there) played the game better than he did. Jeff was the winner of the Coup D'Etat power, which essentially allows him to overthrow the HOH and put replace one or both nominees. Since Russell had already put Ronnie on the block, Jeff did NOT use the power this week, but he still has next week and with Chima as HOH, he just might need to use it to save himself, Jordan and his "alliance." It's getting a little crazy in there, as Chima and Russell had a crazy blow out, although I am not 100% sure if it's real or part of the game. Considering Chima is now HOH, Russell better be playing this correctly or he's in deep shit.. unless Jeff chooses to save him. Still, Russell feels like he has allegiances to both Jessie AND Jeff and I'm pretty sure that'll screw him in the end.

YAY! Only another week and a half till Project Runway starts.. Perhaps this will keep you busy until then.

I had to wait for Sue to get back from vacation, so I was a little behind, but we FINALLY watched the last two episodes of True Blood. It's been a great season so far, but these last two episodes were INSANE... Lots of action and great story lines, which thankfully, aren't exactly like the books they're based on. In other True Blood news, Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are making it official (in real life). They're engaged and she's showing off a VERY nice rock.

Since this is my blog, I post my favorite eye candy. Something for everyone.. You're welcome..

Apparently stature is not what's "big" about Big Poppa.....

I took a kickboxing class at my old gym on Wednesday. Half way through I felt like I had worked hard enough that it could have been over and it would have been well worth the money! It was crazy! Great workout, don't get me wrong. I was sweating more than I do when I run, if you can believe that! I was quite shocked that I didn't feel too terrible (sore) the next day or even the day after, but as I was running this morning the backs of my arms were killing me! Yes, Tara, I would do it again, painful as it was. I never want to hear the word "flurry" when it doesn't involve ice cream. That's just mean and wrong.

I'd write more, but I need a shower and I need to enjoy this gorgeous day. How? I have no idea, since I already did my outdoor duties by running this morning.. Perhaps I'll just observe.. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: