Monday, August 03, 2009

I haven't forgotten about you, just thrown you by the wayside. The Firemen's Softball Tournament was in town this weekend, which basically means I'm gonna get some sun and drink all day. And I did... which made me overtired and cranky on Sunday, which makes me want to go to bed REAL soon on Monday..

Just a few things to touch on...

The finale of So You Think You Can Dance is this week, and the final four are Brandon, Evan, Kayla and Janine. I'm completely content with whoever wins, as Melissa and Ade (who we all know were no faves of mine for no good reason) were booted last week. I really enjoyed watching some of the best dances from last season this past week and was SHOCKED that Evan made it through. Don't get me wrong.. I love him but I never expected him to make it this far.

Casey got the boot on Big Brother, thanks to Jessie and Casey made it abundantly clear how he feels about him. In an interesting turn, Russell won the HOH after cutting a deal with Jeff (the only remaining player in an endurance game) to keep Jeff and Jordan safe. Surprisingly enough in the game, he stuck to the plan and put up Lydia (who dropped early and is beginning to annoy me with her kiss ass-iness) and Ronnie FINALLY is up on the block for talking smack about Russell behind his back. I sure hope it works out and Ronnie finally goes. I'm sick of his freaky ass diary room sessions.

Have I discussed my new Palm Pre!? I got it last week and while I still don't have a clue how to use it (apparently Sprint doesn't feel they need to GIVE you the 350 page manual, as I had to find it online myself) I really love it. The streaming texting alone was enough to sell me and I'm getting used to the touch screen.

Thank goodness not ALL the rumors are true!

Rush out and buy Kathy Griffin's book "Official Book Club Selection!"

The O's unloaded (and when I say unloaded I don't mean he was burden) George Sherril just prior to the trade deadline for a third baseman and a pitcher. What's interesting about that is that O's current third baseman, Melvin Mora, hasn't had some very nice things to say about the organization. A closed door meeting today may have settled any issues.. for now..

You have to hate it when you finally get into a blockbuster film and no one tells you that you've been recast. I kind of like her as Victoria.. She was pretty bad-ass so I'm curious to see Bryce Dallas Howard instead.

So... a woman at work retired and as we're all eating lunch together, her severely hot son walked in... in his Army uniform. You seriously should have seen the jaws drop and the heads turn. It was by far the most giggly afternoon our office has ever seen. We're a little lacking in the eye candy department at work, if you haven't noticed.

My friend Danny and I went to see Rent at Proctor's on Thursday night. It was a great show, with original cast members Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal performing. I thought it was amazing, but I also felt like Adam Pascal was phoning it in in the beginning. He just didn't seem real enthused to be there (and I guess I wouldn't if I'd only been able to succeed by playing the same role for 15 years), while Anthony Rapp consistently threw himself into his role. Did it make a difference? No! It was a phenomenal show with an extremely talented cast, who made me tear up even though I knew full well what was coming.

Yet another invention I feel NO ONE can live without.

Don't know how the softball season is gonna end. TONS of rainouts and right now our field in Nassau is under water. Apparently we're playing our games in New Lebanon this week to give the field some time to dry out. I wouldn't be heartbroken if we couldn't have the tournament over birthday weekend, I'll tell you that much! And yes.. birthday weekend is less than two weeks away. Plan accordingly!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I disagree. I SOO can live without a dog Snuggie.

However, I am saving my sheckles for this: http://www.coolerscooterdirect.com/

Now, THAT is the great invention of our lifetime, m'dear.