Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I found out today that there is a Mennonite Church in Chatham. I saw the sign, but didn't think much of it, but then I saw actual followers walking into the church. I'm talking, wearing the little hats and simple clothes.. the whole shebang! Call me ignorant, but considering the only thing I know about Mennonites I learned from Salome on Make Me A Supermodel! You can file this under "you really DO learn something new every day!"

I went to the outlets in Lee today, and found out that I CAN fit into the jeans at Banana Republic, but their large shirts are far from large. It was my first time shopping there, as I've seen lots of my friends find cute stuff, but apparently XL is not an option. The one shirt I did find in an XL was too big.. I must be a semi-XL! I then ventured over to the Gap where I waited way too long for someone to wait on me. I don't understand how these outlet stores have no one manning the register. I mean, isn't the whole point to SELL people something so they can give you money for it... AT THE REGISTER!? I had a guy walk by me three times when I was the only one in line at the Nike outlet. I was waving my gift card in the air and he STILL walked right past me... I finally had to ask him if anyone in the store was working. Bitchy? Perhaps, but time was of the essence and did I mention he walked past me three times? He's lucky that's all I asked.

I saw a vending machine that takes credit cards today. All I have in my wallet at the moment is a winning $2 Lucky 7's lotto ticket, so I was really excited about it, except there was nothing in it that I wanted bad enough to test it out.

Last night I watched Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian on Chelsea Handler, and I have to say, they kind of stole the show away from her. They could care less about what they say, as evidenced by their conversation revolving around putting a mayonnaise mask on each other's "vagene." Pretty damn funny if you ask me. In unexpected Kardashian news, Kourtney (who spent time last night discussing her kissing of chicks in Miami) is preggers! She's not letting anyone in on who the baby daddy is just yet, but it'll only be a matter of time before US Weekly has a slew of men gunning for illegitimate fatherhood, regardless of the fact that it's probably her lying cheating ex. Ahhhhh love!

In other news about E! shows, Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett are expecting a baby boy.. I feel bad for him if he's not even slightly jocky, considering they're both pretty athletic!

I watched The House of Yes tonight and while it was entertaining, I'm just not down with the whole incest vibe. Regardless, I do love it when Parker Posey plays crazy..

Tomorrow night I'm going to the ValleyCats game with work. Apparently we have 70 some people going. They buy us dinner (hamburgers and hot dogs I hear) and the tickets, and we bond over baseball. It's supposed to be a nice night out, so it should be a good time. After that, my co-worker has decided we should go out in Troy for my b'day, and who am I to say no!? So.. birthday weekend starts tomorrow at 5 pm and I am looking forward to it, even though I have absolutely no idea what's going on. I'm way too OCD and anal retentive to not know what's going on days in advance. This is seriously killing me! However, ball game Friday night and then some drinks at MJ's.. that's the best I can do! So what I'm trying to say is, don't expect any posts till afterwards and maybe (if you're lucky) there'll be pictures to boot! I'll do my best yet make no promises!!

Finally, CONGRATS go out to Rob, who after lots of time spent in a shitty employment market, landed a job and will start on Monday! We'll celebrate when I get to Baltimore (finally)!!

Have a great weekend everyone.. I'll think of you while I'm relaxing, playing ball, drinking and sweating my ass off!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Thanks for the props, Kara! I look forward to celebrating with you in a couple weeks. :)