Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's a miracle! Two ball games in three days and no rain outs.. Let's hope this trend continues (minus insane humidity). THAT would be awesome!

Congratulations to Jennifer Hudson and fiance David Otunga, on the birth of their first child, a son. I just can't get over the fact that he was a contender on "I Love New York." Talk about an upgrade. Good choice David!

I keep seeing the commercials for Taking Woodstock and I can't wait to see it! I wonder if I'll see anyone I know, as it was filmed not far from here. As a matter of fact, there was a local screening of the movie a few weeks ago, and even director Ang Lee was present. Not too shabby Columbia County!

Bull Durham was on Sunday afternoon. It took every ounce of strength I had not to skip the christening and ball game, just to listen to Kevin Costner (Crash Davis) wax poetic about "the show" and other such things. Someone PLEASE explain to me how Kevin Costner would ever lose out in romance to Tim Robbins. Granted, Costner won out in the end, but Sarandon chose Robbins for life!

Jeremy Piven showed up on Big Brother Sunday night to promote his new movie, The Goods. I'm kind of glad I wasn't in the house because I probably would have fainted, made an ass out of myself or both. I could just see me drooling all over his cute little ass and not being able to form a complete sentence. That would be incredibly awkward on national television.

One housewife seems to have "lost" her home, while another wants to sell hers. Apparently it's better to be a housewife in NY, as opposed to Atlanta. They can't seem to hold onto a mansion to save their lives!!!

Why, oh why can't Young Hollywood learn to keep their clothes on!?

I didn't get into Sons of Anarchy in the first season, but I've seen so many commercials for it lately that I'm slowly becoming intrigued... because I need yet another show to add to my DVR series recordings! Speaking of things I'm intrigued by, you can bet that while I'm watching Mad Men this Sunday, I'll be taping Antonio Sabato's new dating show on VH1, where (if you saw the sneak peek the other day) his ex-wife is an unexpected suitor vying for his affection. Awkward and just one more reason why I ADORE VH1!

Does anyone else think Paula Abdul might actually be better off without Idol!? I mean, everyone wants her and it seems like people are actually taking her seriously, which was NOT an option after "Hey Paula!" Latest news is that Paula will guest star on Ugly Betty. Granted, it did nothing for Lindsey Lohan, but perhaps Paula can turn the tide!!!

As for the O's, well.. not much is going on, but did you really expect there to be?! Just trying to get through the season and hopefully they're holding out some greatness for when I get there in two and a half weeks!!

I'm a little sleepy and I'm trying to enjoy Rescue Me, so I'm going to call it a night. Tomorrow is a hump day (allow me to live vicariously) and that means only two days left of my work week. Birthday weekend starts Thursday at 5!!!

No comments: